Football Governance Bill (Independent Regulator)

Be stunned if they actually hold any serious power to stand firm in a position against the PL.
Having read the white paper and the suggested changes I personally think too many are expecting things from the regulator that simply isn’t being proposed

Not too distant from UEFA licensing already in place there will be all sorts of requirements to obtain an English Club licence but once you get down through the leagues it will be simply impossible because of costs at say NL and EFL 2 to put in place the process and appoint the individuals who will almost certainly will require funding.

You then come down to things like the money trickling down from the PL to the EFL. I do wonder if that would be open to challenge.Irrespective I think this is dangerous territory for a couple of reasons 1) The PL supports a number of initiatives outside of the EFL will they , the PL clubs, simply comply with what they are required and no more 2) What happens to funding below the NL the EFL certainly haven’t helped these clubs out and it’s actually below tier 1 on non league that get little to no funds and the step up from not being regulated to having to gain a licence will for many clubs stifle any future ambition. 3) Parachute payments basically enable clubs that gain promotion to know if the worse comes to the worse they will receive significant help if they go straight back down.

If that safety net is removed all that will happen is many promoted clubs will not take any risks probably sticking to the promotion squad that in all likelihood get instantly relegated and the club (s) will be prime for a significant in year profit

As for things about enhanced fit and proper and protection of historic assets clubs etc I am far from convinced that any regulator will have close to a the ability to see into the future because todays fit and proper can simply be tomorrows unfit and not proper but if there isn’t anyone to take an ailing club forward what happens to the club and or its assets?

Things like FFP, PSR, won’t be under the regulator nor will the formulation of such rules my suspicion is simply that the regulator will ensure adherence to process not the outcome of process

It would appear that the Regulator may not be the great white hope for controlling the cartel bullies on first glance, and my limited reading.

Which makes City's battles with the self-serving cunts even more important, even for the sheep members who are happy to hide behind the US cartel.

We should be thanked and supported instead of villified by all and sundry, especially our tawdry media shills who are just vultures and whores, with no journalistic principles in their make-up.

Having read the white paper and the suggested changes I personally think too many are expecting things from the regulator that simply isn’t being proposed
We have a regulator for water, and we have raw sewage being pumped into our rivers, lakes and seas, and water companies in massive debt while shareholders take billions in dividends.

We have a regulator for energy, and we're paying retail prices far in excess of wholesale ones, while energy companies make fortunes.

We have a regulator for the media, yet they pump out as much shit as the water companies.

The common thread in all these is that the companies they regulate get away with murder while the consumers pay the price.

I won't be getting my hopes up over a football regulator.

Last edited:
There are only two executive directors in the PL. The apparently non-existent chairwoman and Masters. It is a ridiculously under- qualified organisation.
Which is why when two Cities took 'em to court they were trounced. It seems that historically they have asked the Dippers, the Arse 'n the Rags what they want to do and that's how things in the PL 'progress'!

He may be very experienced and the best sports barrister around, and he may make some good points here, but I am always wary of people trying to develop an online profile. There is a fine line between tweeting to inform and tweeting to get engagement. Something about Twitter makes me distrust the reason for anything being on there from anyone.

Edit: Sorry, just seen it's already been posted. Comment still stands, though.

Last edited:
He may be very experienced and the best sports barrister around, and he may make some good points here, but I am always wary of people trying to develop an online profile. There is a fine line between tweeting to inform and tweeting to get engagement. Something about Twitter makes me distrust the reason for anything being on there from anyone.

Edit: Sorry, just seen it's already been posted. Comment still stands, though.

Do you include Stefan Borson in your comments?

I think de Marco makes some good points. Discussion of this topic can only help to make regulation fair, reasonable and lawful. Much better than Masters and his redshirt cronies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.