Football Grounds?

I never experienced Maine Road in it's heyday or any other of the old grounds, i've really only ever knew the newer grounds.

But i agree with some of the stuff said in this thread.

Grounds like Southampton's and Leicester's have no real identidy, all excatly the same, all immaculate, all are named North, South, East and West stands. It would really annoy me if i had to go and watch games in them kind of grounds every week.

Never been to The Emirates, it looks fantastic but it looks too fantastic to be a football ground.

Everyone raves about Villa Park but i thought that was a big let down.

Immaculate Pasta said:
Never been to The Emirates, it looks fantastic but it looks too fantastic to be a football ground.

It looks the same as anywhere else underneath the stands. All the money went on those padded seats! They've erected a mural on the outside of the stadium but prior to that it was just a bare concrete wall.

danburge82 said:
If this was a German or American forum you'd be getting answers saying that modern shiney stadiums are the best things going as in them countries their stadiums are absolutely awsome, no expense spared, HUGE, top shit stadiums!!

Over here we've got the Riverside, St Mary's, Pride Park, KC, Brittania, Reebok, Walkers, Madjeski, etc dull, small, lifeless, boring, shit grounds (cost cutting in every area)! Even our ground looks really dull and boring from the outside and the big spikes look really dated like some eighties designed shit!

Emirates is okay but it's still a bit too pretty! it's not as immense, imposing, manly and atmospheric as like Dortmunds stadium!

Hillsborough, Maine Road, Elland Road, Goodison, Villa Park etc are all miles better than English new stadiums but none are anywhere near as good as the German or American stadiums!

Driving past Hillsborough everyday I can assure you it's not a patch on eastlands!!

Immaculate Pasta said:
I never experienced Maine Road in it's heyday or any other of the old grounds, i've really only ever knew the newer grounds.

Grounds like Southampton's and Leicester's have no real identidy, all excatly the same, all immaculate, all are named North, South, East and West stands. It would really annoy me if i had to go and watch games in them kind of grounds every week.

They're totally redeveloping the 1970's North Stand side of Villa Park (the end where the away supporters used to sit/stand). HKR are designing it and have been given the brief to keep the ground "traditionally English" maintaining four separate stands. It'll be interesting to see what the plans look like when they are released. Not too sure what the capacity will be.

Immaculate Pasta said:

must admit when i went, i really really liked leicesters stadium. cant remember a hell of a lot, but i remember the gorund, facilities and atmoshere being pretty good

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.