Football Leaks/Der Spiegel articles

When I first met Mrs Mist I took her to town. We were stood outside a restaurant looking at the menu and she said, I kid you not, 'I'll have that, it's recomended' I look at what she was on about and she then said...... 'The Egg on Ronay, it is recomended'. I think it was the kick in the bollocks that stopped me laughing so hard that my sides were hurting.

You'll get some shit if she reads this forum, but great story.

I don’t know where I got it from - perhaps the Swales / Barry Silkmen era but assumed City always had a large Jewish fan base. Is it beyond the realms of possibility that the Guardian writers who are allegedly Fans were never ever going to be happy with the new ownership given their Middle Eastern nationality / religion . Simon Hattenstone is from a Jewish community I suspect he is quite genuine in his comments albeit he maybe using his religious beliefs as a platform maybe wrong.
Stop blaming the Jew’s, that’s how the war started!

It is ridiculous. I know David Conn isn’t a practicing Jew and I don’t think Hattenstone is either. We have a very significant Jewish fan base & no one I know or have heard of has boycotted City because of the owners.
I always think it's best to leave religion out of City. We're a welcoming, inclusive club and we can and do welcome all religious beliefs and none. If the Jewish followers of MCFC - and we've had a significant number since the late 1890s - (I have a newspaper report saying that the Jewish population of Manchester has chosen to support City from about 1900 - as if the entire Jewish population decided en masse to support City but that was what the article implied) - can accept Bert Trautmann (who was ranked second highest level of Nazi when he was brought to UK and assessed by the army!) then they'll accept our current owners too.

There are some people - Colin Shindler is a possibly an example - whose views may be swayed by religion, politics etc. but I'd hope none of the others allow religion to affect their judgement.

I always think it's best to leave religion out of City. We're a welcoming, inclusive club and we can and do welcome all religious beliefs and none. If the Jewish followers of MCFC - and we've had a significant number since the late 1890s - (I have a newspaper report saying that the Jewish population of Manchester has chosen to support City from about 1900 - as if the entire Jewish population decided en masse to support City but that was what the article implied) - can accept Bert Trautmann (who was ranked second highest level of Nazi when he was brought to UK and assessed by the army!) then they'll accept our current owners too.

There are some people - Colin Shindler is a possibly an example - whose views may be swayed by religion, politics etc. but I'd hope none of the others allow religion to affect their judgement.
I too think religion should be left out of city and said so on the Corbyn thread now the Labour thread amongst other things and got my privileges taken away, A gagging order, i can live with that the first thing the nazi`s did was take control of the media and gag free speech,
As for the Jews of Manchester we are blessed with the largest population out side London, diversity is beautiful and that most support city is probably down to who supported utd Irish Catholic dock workers from Salford

It doesn't matter whether it is Der Spiegel or some other newspaper, radio programme television,documentary. They are all hoping that if they sling enough mud some of it will eventually stick and get us into trouble. The only way to do anything about it is to sue them in the British courts, for unlimited damages, and while we are at it we should also sue them in the German courts as well, also for unlimited damages.

Maybe if we started suing some of these papers and their reporters, they will consider a lot more carefully what they are printing.

I too think religion should be left out of city and said so on the Corbyn thread now the Labour thread amongst other things and got my privileges taken away, A gagging order, i can live with that the first thing the nazi`s did was take control of the media and gag free speech,
As for the Jews of Manchester we are blessed with the largest population out side London, diversity is beautiful and that most support city is probably down to who supported utd Irish Catholic dock workers from Salford

You just said that you believe religion should be left out but then bring it in in your last line.

You just said that you believe religion should be left out but then bring it in in your last line.
Correct you should have seen the Coygyn thread my point was ,we have antisemitism anti hatred anti racism and most of all Equality laws but religion won the day,

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.