Football Leaks/Der Spiegel articles

He wasn’t the guy that broke the city stories though was he? Still helps with the credibility argument in court though I guess if/when that happens!

He wasn’t the guy that broke the city stories though was he? Still helps with the credibility argument in court though I guess if/when that happens!

I don't think it affects the FFP thing one bit.
Only if City claim the emails are made up (as opposed to taken out of context) will this become even marginally relevant, and even then, it isn't.

Only if City claim the emails are made up (as opposed to taken out of context) will this become even marginally relevant, and even then, it isn't.

The emails are stolen, the newspaper believes they are true but has a history of being duped over a long period of time. It shows that they may have questionable morals & fail due diligence & theyre ****s. A top barrister should be able to rip it to shreds.

As cheekybids has pointed out, it raises doubts about the quality of their due diligence. Considering the 'evidence' is questionable to begin with...

Whether they're admissible and the weight given to them depends on UEFA regs; it's not a trial.
Yet UEFA know anything they do in regards to sanctions, they potentially have to justify to both CAS and the courts. As Milan have shown. Banning a club on the grounds of questionable hearsay would not go down well with either body.

If they use it to ban City then you can be sure that there would be a trial.

and @aguero93:20

Absolutely, but the last one didn't go that far, and I don't think this will either.
City will certainly question the source of the email, and I expect they would at least raise the spectre of what may occur, but I think it will be resolved well before things get heavy. I'm not suggesting that the dubious acquisition method does anything but weaken any case against City.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.