Football Leaks/Der Spiegel articles

Yes.
I am fine with them investigating - they really have no choice in that. The outcome will be interesting, and I expect there to be confidential undertakings which will not be made known.
Not sure that's true, surely UEFA's own lawyers would tell them to run in the opposite direction if offered stolen "proof". Corrupt they may be but they're not stupid and would want to distance themselves from any dodgy dealings (which would be a change of course).

Is this actually news or are they annoyed it's gone out of the minds of the masses so quickly?

We know UEFA were looking into it, the "unbiased" British sports press spent a whole week after UEFA's statement making sure everyone was a aware of it. They are sharing information as part of the investigation?... Wow, no fucking shit!

Possible punishment could be a ban if they can prove anything too? I'm sure I've heard that a hundred times before, around the time the leaks broke, they must be surprised something they made up in hope was actually logical enough for UEFA to agree with for once. Or maybe they used the same trick that we see in every press conference, where they give the answer they want in the question and a nod would let them write what they already intended to write?

People also said the timing of it last time was a coincidence, a few weeks before a big game which may have been true(they were always planning on releasing it but I think the timing of it could have been planned to disrupt us to maximum effect) but with the games coming around the corner, surely it will raise a few eyebrows this time? Coincidences rarely come in twos I thought.

It could be that the first case was a coincidence and this time with the Liverpool game around the corner our lovely impartial press thought: "How can we fuck with City here to help Liverpool out... I know let's give UEFA a call for an update." I really doubt UEFA phoned them to give them this "update".

Last edited:
I haven't read the whole article but The Times have said part of the investigation is whether the money(£60m in 2015), thought to have come from Etihad actually came from ADUG but is that incorrect?

I remember reading Der Speigel alleging that it was Sheikh Mansour who paid the money and it might not even be him the email was referring to because they were speculating. "HH's(His Highness) provided sources" might instead refer to the Crown Prince and the provided sources could in fact be legitimate/within the rules.

It could be I'm referencing a separate issue, I thought the email was in regards to the Aabar and the Etihad money but it's a while back I read that. If not though, how is it I can pick up on that and a professional journalist covering it, still doesn't understand what's going on properly?

Last edited:
As far as I can see, PSG really p*ssed off Barca when the snatched Neymar, Der Spiegel stuck their oar in and La Liga under pressure from Barca saw an opportunity that the timing was right to put pressure on UEFA ... We seem to be a softer target than PSG who seems to have a much more aggressive approach to how they defend themselves.

This witch hunt by La Liga, the established clubs at the top top table and sh*t media outlets being led by rag reporters plus with a little help from Man Utd's inside man David GIll (allegedly) will NOT stop until the powers at Man City take a much more robust approach to our defence on all fronts.

For a kick off a few journalists need to be taken to task and made examples off. When the word cheating, dishonest or any defamatory written or verbal content is not accompanied by the word allegedly our lawyers need to be all over that sh*t, any untruths our lawyers need to be all over that sh*t. When UEFA come calling with their bent FFP rules and threats our lawyers need to be all over that sh*t and tell them in unequivocal terms we will contest the legality of FFP and drag UEFA through a VERY long and VERY expensive legal battle that will be VERY embarrassing for UEFA with an outcome that will likely be VERY, VERY bad for UEFA.

I'm personally sick of these c*nts - what part of Man City needs protecting by FFP? The club is run from to top to bottom professionally probably the best in the PL, we're not a Portsmouth. The bottom line is the only protection it attempts to provide is to the likes of Barca, Madrid, Utd, Bayern who are running scared .... Bayern have been screwing over other German clubs for years, Barca and Real Madrid the same in La Liga ... These clubs are the biggest f*cking whining, hypocrites on the planet and WE NEED TO ACT NOW otherwise it WILL NEVER STOP !!!

Not sure that's true, surely UEFA's own lawyers would tell them to run in the opposite direction if offered stolen "proof". Corrupt they may be but they're not stupid and would want to distance themselves from any dodgy dealings (which would be a change of course).

You're reading something in that I didn't mean.

UEFA have to investigate, I believe. What the outcome and depth of that investigation is will indeed largely depend on their view of the information sourcing.

As far as I can see, PSG really p*ssed off Barca when the snatched Neymar, Der Spiegel stuck their oar in and La Liga under pressure from Barca saw an opportunity that the timing was right to put pressure on UEFA ... We seem to be a softer target than PSG who seems to have a much more aggressive approach to how they defend themselves.

This witch hunt by La Liga, the established clubs at the top top table and sh*t media outlets being led by rag reporters plus with a little help from Man Utd's inside man David GIll (allegedly) will NOT stop until the powers at Man City take a much more robust approach to our defence on all fronts.

For a kick off a few journalists need to be taken to task and made examples off. When the word cheating, dishonest or any defamatory written or verbal content is not accompanied by the word allegedly our lawyers need to be all over that sh*t, any untruths our lawyers need to be all over that sh*t. When UEFA come calling with their bent FFP rules and threats our lawyers need to be all over that sh*t and tell them in unequivocal terms we will contest the legality of FFP and drag UEFA through a VERY long and VERY expensive legal battle that will be VERY embarrassing for UEFA with an outcome that will likely be VERY, VERY bad for UEFA.

I'm personally sick of these c*nts - what part of Man City needs protecting by FFP? The club is run from to top to bottom professionally probably the best in the PL, we're not a Portsmouth. The bottom line is the only protection it attempts to provide is to the likes of Barca, Madrid, Utd, Bayern who are running scared .... Bayern have been screwing over other German clubs for years, Barca and Real Madrid the same in La Liga ... These clubs are the biggest f*cking whining, hypocrites on the planet and WE NEED TO ACT NOW otherwise it WILL NEVER STOP !!!

If you read the leaks you will see that the club did apply substantial pressure on UEFA they threaten to tie them up in the courts for years UEFA basically asked City what punishment they would accept as a compromise They is no way that the powers that be at City will accept any further punishment especially based on illegally obtained documents and UEFA and the PL are well aware of that

Surely a lone wolf.
I think it says a lot about the culture at Der Spiegel. He is unlikely to be a lone wolf. He wasn't caught for years so there is a big problem with editorial control and fact checking. They said phone hacking was a few isolated cases but it was rife across UK tabloid newspapers though most escaped prosecution. It probably won't help City's case but can't do us any harm. It might dissuade some of the English broadsheets and the BBC from just lifting content from Der Spiegel in the event of any future stories. Perhaps clowns like Matthew Syed will think twice before calling City fans "vicious rats." Then again perhaps not.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.