Football Leaks/Der Spiegel articles

I believe that PSG were informed by UEFA that they were to be formally subject to an UEFA FFP investigation at which point PSG appealed that decision to the CAS. I don't think we can say that PSG ignore it, but PSG's approach seems very different.

City's 'dispute' with UEFA is historical covering a brief period when City's owners were building the club up. Our UAE revenues are now relatively minor, amounting to about 10-15% of total revenue.

I thought PSG were paying superstar salaries and transfer fees for half of their first team but they also have several squad players who they are paying less to, compared to us. We haven’t paid over £60mil for a player but I think our average spend would be comparable

AFAIK our accounts have been scrutinized by an independent body & deemed accurate. If there has been a cover up on our part why wasn't this seen on first inspection? It could very well be that these emails have been planted after the inspection.

AFAIK our accounts have been scrutinized by an independent body & deemed accurate. If there has been a cover up on our part why wasn't this seen on first inspection? It could very well be that these emails have been planted after the inspection.
If the emails are genuine (Der Spiegel haven't shown them to anyone else I think) then they wouldn't have been looked at as part of the accounts anyway.

I might be wrong but part of the email revelations was that some of the funds from our UAE sponsors were in fact paid by Sheikh Mansour eg Etihad £50m 40 (amounts for illustration) from their own funds and 10 from Sheikh Mansour. Etihad would also have their finances approved by independent auditors, or maybe not, if so then surely a question would have been asked about the £10m?

It's all nonsense isn't it? Liverpool always paid top dollar when they were dominating, United were out spending everyone for years after that, then Chelsea did, now it's City. Unless there are salary caps etc... It will always be the case. Next time it could be Spurs or Arsenal being bought out and then everyone will woman about them buying the league. That's how football works now, big spending gets big results.... Except United for the last 7 years cos they have bought some absolute stinkers!
FFP was never about rich clubs it was to stop clubs going under and it had worked to a degree in that regard. And that's where it should end. In the words of the lunatic, Donald Trump, fake news

FFP was never about rich clubs it was to stop clubs going under and it had worked to a degree in that regard

That was the original intention, however it didn't take long for it to morph into stop the nouveau riche clubs.

It's all nonsense isn't it? Liverpool always paid top dollar when they were dominating, United were out spending everyone for years after that, then Chelsea did, now it's City.
Except its not.

We neither pay the stupid transfer fee's other clubs pay (check your own), nor do we pay the stupid wages others pay (see united).

Your impression is from the relentless scouse pundits on TV, and most of it is bollocks.

Yes we have spent a lot in the past few years, but so have other clubs, and to get to the very top we started a long way further back than many who have still spent comparable.

Except its not.

We neither pay the stupid transfer fee's other clubs pay (check your own), not do we pay the stupid wages otyhers pay (see united).

Your impression is from the relentless scouse pundits on TV, and most of it is bollocks.

Yes we have spent a lot in the past few years, but so have other clubs, and to get to the very top we started a long way further back than many who have still spent comparable.
Well said mate. I can’t believe how much incorrect shite some posters post.

Except its not.

We neither pay the stupid transfer fee's other clubs pay (check your own), not do we pay the stupid wages otyhers pay (see united).

What they need to get their heads around and accept is the fact not only have we spent money, comparable to most other top sides, the big difference is we have spent it extremely well and i would like to point them all in the direction of their jibes at the beginning that money couldn't buy success.

It has, bucket loads of it.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.