Football loosing Interest ? Is it Real or a Myth

Heidenreich

Team supported
City
I have this odd Feeling that Football isn't beeing watched so much anymore. All my cousins and family and friends have stopped watching and talking about football.

I feel like American Sports is growing in here while football is loosing many watchers. How is it in ur sorroundings ? Is it a myth or real

I have this odd Feeling that Football isn't beeing watched so much anymore. All my cousins and family and friends have stopped watching and talking about football.

I feel like American Sports is growing in here while football is loosing many watchers. How is it in ur sorroundings ? Is it a myth or real

Less rag fans watch football because it has lost its edge for them, attendances are up and the republic of Mancunia lot don't matter.

And here in America, I feel like the Prem and football (soccer) generally is growing in interest -- especially among young people -- and some American sports (especially baseball) are fading in interest among them. My high school kids' friends all watch football (soccer) -- but usually highlight shows because the matches come on so early -- and play it on FIFA to the basic exclusion of other live or VG sports. It's a small sub-sample but that's my experience.

Time is limited, and while I grew up playing, coaching and reffing proper football, there wasn't an easy way to consume the Prem until the very late 90s/early 00s, which is when I fell in love with City rather than just having a vague notion that I liked City best.

I gave up all interest in American football (NFL/college) once I could start watching the Prem regularly though City only occasionally in the beginning (Fox would air 3-4 Prem matches a week and show highlights; sometimes City was a feature match but usually not in the old days). Now with streaming I might miss 2-3 matches a season but that's all.

I still enjoy baseball, and I still watch some golf but that's it other than City and global football. I do really enjoy hockey but have no time for it. I don't watch basketball any more at all either.

Given the rags take up a quarter of the worlds population, I’d say yes, my Mam’s husband, for years couldn’t stop getting digs in and all he ever wanted to do was talk about united, hasn’t really said much for the past 6-7 years ;-).

On a more serious note, maybe people found other things to do when there was no football on during the pandemic, I know I did, much of that has continued and I’ve not let football, City aside, get in the way.

I think there's an overkill of football on tv. The FA Cup 3rd round is appalling these days with games spread out all weekend in batches of 4 and 5.

When English teams got allowed back into Europe in the '90's, I found teams like Montpellier, PSV Eindhoven and Stuttgart really intriguing. We rarely got to see the best players from around the world. Now, we can predict line ups and formations of a lot of the Champions League and top international teams and the sense of mystery has gone.

Which teams did/do your cousins/family/friends support? That might give you the reason/answer

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.