Football Manager 2011

Mossy said:
Just started playing the game a few nights ago and at 46 I thought I could do a better job than my lad (19). So I decided to start off as City manager. I have played 12 games and am top of the league, still in all cups and in Europe. I play Balo when using the 4-4-2 formation at home but tend to leave Tevez up front on his own when playing away. Tonight is the big one when I come up against Arsenal in the league cup.

I bought Arteta thinking he would be able to deputise for Silva but has proved to be crap.
Was wondering what other peoples formations are and where/who they play. I have also tended to put Lescott in and drop Kompany from time to time (Would never happen in real life)

Any tips on who is decent to buy, got one off my lad SRNA. young right back I think.

Well done!
Personally I don't bother with Srna, too much for a player like that in my eyes.
I got Edin Hazard (Lille?) amazing winger.. Will do much better than arteta and he is only 19. Can grab him for around £15 mil.
Lukaku is another good one (Anderlecht) at only 17. With Dzeko aswell (£25mil).
Lastly I got Paulo Henrique (Santos).. About £15mil again for centre mid.
Also promote Boyata up from the reserves, he becomes a decent player if you play him.

So it's like:
--------------------Hart/Given--------------
Richards--Komp/Lescott------Kolo----Kolarov
Balo/Silva-----Henrique-----Milner---Hazard
---------Tevez----------Lukaku/Dzeko--------

That's my starting 11 anyway, doing decent in the league :)

Get rid of viera/bridge/Ade/Santa. If you can't, send them off on loan, they have no use to you now once you have drafted everyone in.

Good luck!

Mossy said:
Just started playing the game a few nights ago and at 46 I thought I could do a better job than my lad (19). So I decided to start off as City manager. I have played 12 games and am top of the league, still in all cups and in Europe. I play Balo when using the 4-4-2 formation at home but tend to leave Tevez up front on his own when playing away. Tonight is the big one when I come up against Arsenal in the league cup.

I bought Arteta thinking he would be able to deputise for Silva but has proved to be crap.
Was wondering what other peoples formations are and where/who they play. I have also tended to put Lescott in and drop Kompany from time to time (Would never happen in real life)

Any tips on who is decent to buy, got one off my lad SRNA. young right back I think.
Hazard is a quality player, very young as well. Also Elia is good :-)

SS117 said:
Mossy said:

Hazard is a quality player, very young as well. Also Elia is good :-)
Kidd recommended Elia to me, doing great so far :)

Anyone got any top quality players for Real Betis? I'll get promoted in the first season then I start my assault on La Liga in the second.

jay_mcfc said:
Anyone got any top quality players for Real Betis? I'll get promoted in the first season then I start my assault on La Liga in the second.
Some of my cheap earlier signings which served me very well in La Liga (part of regular Champs League qualifying squad).

Fazio - 525k
Garra Dembele - 500k
Romaric - 700k
Nordtveit - Free
Albin - Free
Necid - 450k
Honda - 2.4m

If you want to splash out a bit more, Nolan Roux scores goals, cost 5 million. Miguel Torres is a solid full back on both sides, 3.8 million, Parejo has a 8 million buyout (although not sure he'd go to Betis) and Kwadwo Asamoah had a 6 million buyout.

Also some loan signings that have done well, Coutinho (now signed permanent), Agyei, Wilshere and Munoz.

Dunno how many would go to you in first season with Betis, but once you get into La Liga all of those are solid players.

That's all in euros rather than pounds.

after coming 4th in season 1 winning no trophies, 2nd season 2nd and league cup final appearance defeated 2 - 1 by chelsea.

my team is top by 2 points with a game in hand and 12 games left stil in the champs league away to lyon

my usual lineup

..............................................Hart.....................................................

Richards...............Pique............................Kompany(c).....................Abidal

.............................De Jong..............Schweinstiger..............................

.............................................Silva(free Role)....................................

Di Maria.............................................................................Balotelli

................................................Tevez..........................................

Subs.

Yaya Toure
Johnson
Gary Cahill
Erikssen
Young
Bent
Stockdale (Gk)

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.