Football Manager 2011

lmjones1uk said:
saleblue16 said:
what team are you ?

Connar Whickam and a young English / Polish lad at Coventry..
I'm managing City and also England. I'm in 2014 and all I've got for upfront is Rooney for my England team.

Defoe is like 33, Crouch is now a coach, Bent isn't good enough, Walcott isn't good enough.

I wanted to put Carroll in the squad cos he's scoring goals for fun at Newcastle but he's playing for Scotland! So I'll have to get Connor Wickham he's young and got an eye for goal, cheers for that Jones.

If you are looking for English only then (hate to say it) Daniel Sturridge turns out to be a class goal scorer...

The guy from Coventry is Lukas Jutkiewicz.

Bluemoon115 said:
Rushton121 said:
Managing Middlesbrough, I can't stop drawing games atm, i've drawn my last 8 games in a row. Board aren't too impressed.
High or low scoring draws?

High scoring, usually with me conceding in Injury time.

I drew 13 games in a row lol, think I was just about to be sacked but Wigan offered me the job so I took it. They were 11th in the championship when i took over, just won the championship with them.

After my worse season with City which was my 4th season, didn't win a cup and came 3rd in the Premiership.

My 5th season has been great, I'm now at the start of January and I'm unbeaten all season, 4 points above 2nd place with a game in hand, in the semi final of the Carling Cup, 3rd round of the FA Cup and in the first round of the knockout stage of the Champions League against Benfica.

Here's a tip.

Edin Dzeko is amazing when you play him with another striker, I normally play one upfront and Dzeko was terrible so then I started playing 2 upfront he's scored 11 in 6 when he's played alongside someone.

Another update (there might have been a few more I didnt post up, so if you are following, there might be some on the previous pages):
<a class="postlink" href="http://footballmanagerstory.com/forum/index.php?topic=94.180" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;">http://footballmanagerstory.com/forum/i ... pic=94.180</a>

Great story swede, i can't believe how far you have taken your team it really is fantastic good luck in the final, suprised babacar is still there.

anthonydunn87 said:
Great story swede, i can't believe how far you have taken your team it really is fantastic good luck in the final, suprised babacar is still there.

Cheers Ant :)
Haha i know, top goalscorer for them aswell. Just need my lads stay tight to him so we can concentrate on grabbing a couple at the other end!

So after winning the Prem with Fulham in my second year I decided to start a new game and a new challenge abroad.

I decided to start a game as Real Betis manager with an aim to get promoted and break the dominance of Real Madrid and Barca on the Spanish league.

So the first season went well, I only bought two players and kept the same squad together (which was rather good to be fair), I got promoted winning over 100pnts and scoring over a 100 goals (I play Keegan'esk style of football).

I got promoted and I told my board that I'm aiming for CL qualification, to support me they gave me a modest 400k transfer budget and a wagebudget of 220k as well as 25% of transfer funds generated from sales! In light of this I managed to get a decent loan signing, buy another Centre Back as well as an 'alonso'esk' deep lying play maker as well as fish around the free transfers for a back up keeper and striker. I made a bit of money to help buy my DMC and managed to buy him for 8m over 30months... So after a successful tour of Cyprus and Wales in preseason I started to play in the league, losing 2 of my first games and then going on a bit of a run. I'm about 11 games in and I'm sitting in 4th posisition, I'll play madrid tonight and post a couple of screenies of my progress for those who are interested!

Fingers crossed top 4 this season and the league title next year!!

lmjones1uk said:
So after winning the Prem with Fulham in my second year I decided to start a new game and a new challenge abroad.

I decided to start a game as Real Betis manager with an aim to get promoted and break the dominance of Real Madrid and Barca on the Spanish league.

So the first season went well, I only bought two players and kept the same squad together (which was rather good to be fair), I got promoted winning over 100pnts and scoring over a 100 goals (I play Keegan'esk style of football).

I got promoted and I told my board that I'm aiming for CL qualification, to support me they gave me a modest 400k transfer budget and a wagebudget of 220k as well as 25% of transfer funds generated from sales! In light of this I managed to get a decent loan signing, buy another Centre Back as well as an 'alonso'esk' deep lying play maker as well as fish around the free transfers for a back up keeper and striker. I made a bit of money to help buy my DMC and managed to buy him for 8m over 30months... So after a successful tour of Cyprus and Wales in preseason I started to play in the league, losing 2 of my first games and then going on a bit of a run. I'm about 11 games in and I'm sitting in 4th posisition, I'll play madrid tonight and post a couple of screenies of my progress for those who are interested!

Fingers crossed top 4 this season and the league title next year!!
sounds good, ill follow

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.