Football Manager 2011

Matt the Giant said:
Pingu the Penguin said:
city unbeaten for over 100 games now....messi hopefully on the way!

And you still think it's fun to play the game?

Not saying you shouldn't, but I kind of lose interest as soon as the game goes in fantasy-mode, strikers banging in 50 goals, sickly long unbeaten runs and so on... I try to play it as realistic as I possibly can, and I start a new game in July 2011 as soon as the thing becomes too predictable.

One exception to all this, was starting a game as Manure's manager and doing everything I possibly could to ruin them... I lasted a few months before I was sacked. It was worth it!
i got them to a 16th place finish but kept the job because i let my assistant take cup games and he won the league cup !

saleblue16 said:
i got them to a 16th place finish but kept the job because i let my assistant take cup games and he won the league cup !

Well done lad, I'm proud of you.

Now, anyone who could get them to drop down to the Championship would be a legend.

I deleted my save a while back but it was the best game of FM I have ever had...

I started at Porto where I won the league and one cup competition. With my youngsters coming through the team I managed to make a fair bit of money for my transfer kitty selling the likes of Helton, Rolando and a few others and bringing in the Brazilian wonderkid Lucas for 6million pound, Franco Zuculini and Frederico Fazio who is the best bargain iv'e ever had for 650k and Vincent Eneyema (BRILLIANT GK) for 750k ish.

Into the next season which was a great season for young full back David Addy and more importantly Hulk who managed 34 goals in 26 league games (mainly because he scored 5 goals twice in one game during the season) as a lone striker and 11 in the champions league.

The champions league games I went into with what you could say was slightly cautious when playing against any opposition bigger than Myself (Porto). In these games I used my 5-4-1 formation which worked a treat away to AC Milan winning 3-0 in the group stages. But it was only the semi finals in which I had an unbelievable result. I played Real Madrid away from home and once again my tactic worked wonders as I pulled off a 1-0 away victory in Madrid! The corresponding fixture at home was somewhat even more unbelievable as I managed to beat madrid 4-1 (5-1 agg) on the night with Hulk injured!!

Anyway this led to me playing Inter Milan in the final and to be honest it couldn't have started any better with Moutinho scoring in the 12th minute. We managed to hang on for a while until Pazzini popped up with an equalizer in the 65th minute. I was bracing myself for extra time but then one of my new signings popped up to grab his first goal for the club in the 85th minute! Franco Zuculini! I won the Champions League with a average age of 24!!

So there it is I had won the treble with Porto!! Losing out on one of the cups to Sporting but I was delighted with what my team achieved.

during the summer I was linked with moves to City, Madrid and AC Milan. I was offered the Athletico Madrid job and thought I couldn't achieve anything else with Porto, so I took it...

More will be posted and Screenshots soon

Btw if your wondering why I deleted it. I was clearing my save game thing of the "Porto F.C. (V2)""(V3) and so on and it selected my main save so I was screwed...

Thanks for reading
Chris :D

I know what thats like mate. I was deleting a few the other day because i hadnt been on it for a while and ended up deleting my only city save that i still went on. Also deleted a Bury save, got them into the prem and had the best player on the game. He had a ca of 199. Was a striker called Santos, got him for £2m when i was in the championship and he scored over 100 goals in 2 and a half seasons.

1 game ive still got is a Osasuna save. I took over them around january time after starting unemployed. They where 19th when i took over and i managed to get them up to 13th.

In my 1st full season i got them to finish 4th. My team was full of loans and the odd free transfer. I spent £5.75m in total and recieved £24.5.

For my 2nd season i spent £17.5m Bringing in a top defender in Ricky Verbeek, a dm in Grettarson and a top defender in Javier Serra who i got on a free. All regens so dont bother searching ha. I ended up doing worse finishing 6th but i won the Copa Del Rey and got beat by City in the last 16 of Europa League. lost a bit of interest after this but i decided to carry on with them.

The next season i finished 4th, only 4 points off the winners and could of still won it on the last day but the results didnt go my way and i lost anyway. I brought in £10m worth of talent and they where all youngsters because i very rarely buy anyone over the age of 23. I won the Copa Del Rey again.

My next season(4th) was the best by far. Finished 2nd in the league behind Real but i won the Champions League beating Chelsea 2-1 in the final. I beat Zenit, Bayern and Barca on the way which was amazing. How i managed to do it i dont know because my squad had hardly changed becaus i only spent £19.5m and £10m of that was on Neymar in january. My players had really matured that season and they where all coming to their peak.

The average age of my squad is 21. The only experienced players i have are, Jefferson(32) back up keeper, Dede(27) captain, Nuri Sahin(27) back up player on loan and Edin Dzeko(29) who ive just got on a free. I'll try and upload some pics tomorrow but it just shows that anything is possible. Not played on this save for a good few months but might try and win the league and then i can leave it there as a classic. And i'll make sure i back this one up.

niall_mcfc said:
I know what thats like mate. I was deleting a few the other day because i hadnt been on it for a while and ended up deleting my only city save that i still went on. Also deleted a Bury save, got them into the prem and had the best player on the game. He had a ca of 199. Was a striker called Santos, got him for £2m when i was in the championship and he scored over 100 goals in 2 and a half seasons.

1 game ive still got is a Osasuna save. I took over them around january time after starting unemployed. They where 19th when i took over and i managed to get them up to 13th.

In my 1st full season i got them to finish 4th. My team was full of loans and the odd free transfer. I spent £5.75m in total and recieved £24.5.

For my 2nd season i spent £17.5m Bringing in a top defender in Ricky Verbeek, a dm in Grettarson and a top defender in Javier Serra who i got on a free. All regens so dont bother searching ha. I ended up doing worse finishing 6th but i won the Copa Del Rey and got beat by City in the last 16 of Europa League. lost a bit of interest after this but i decided to carry on with them.

The next season i finished 4th, only 4 points off the winners and could of still won it on the last day but the results didnt go my way and i lost anyway. I brought in £10m worth of talent and they where all youngsters because i very rarely buy anyone over the age of 23. I won the Copa Del Rey again.

My next season(4th) was the best by far. Finished 2nd in the league behind Real but i won the Champions League beating Chelsea 2-1 in the final. I beat Zenit, Bayern and Barca on the way which was amazing. How i managed to do it i dont know because my squad had hardly changed becaus i only spent £19.5m and £10m of that was on Neymar in january. My players had really matured that season and they where all coming to their peak.

The average age of my squad is 21. The only experienced players i have are, Jefferson(32) back up keeper, Dede(27) captain, Nuri Sahin(27) back up player on loan and Edin Dzeko(29) who ive just got on a free. I'll try and upload some pics tomorrow but it just shows that anything is possible. Not played on this save for a good few months but might try and win the league and then i can leave it there as a classic. And i'll make sure i back this one up.

wow sounds good. I look forward to them pics. I am going to start a new bayern munich game tomorrow.

Just started a new game with Ajax, my main aim is to win the Champions League but I'd also like to dominate Holland. Some may say the Holland bit is easy but like I said, my main aim is Champions League. I'm also trying to do it with a young batch of players.

Just won the Dutch Super Cup against Twente, I was 4:0 up at HT. What can you say at the end of the game when you've lost 5:0 in a final? Well...

[bigimg]http://i51.tinypic.com/6zu3r8.png[/bigimg]

Got bored of my Leeds/Liverpool save (got leeds to top four prem club, won league/fa cups) then Liverpool approached me.
Maintained Liverpool for the season then won the prem back to back, aswell as champs.

Started a new Bury game recently, sitting near the top now for a promotion :)
Fuck knows how i'm gonna get them to prem, constantly loaning city kids maybe

in my leicester save game i managed to take them up as champions and keep them up on the last day of the season.
a poor start to the season saw me bottom of the league and wigan, now in the championship, approached me as they sat in 12th place in november, and they offered me £13,250,000 to spend.
i brought in ross wallace, keiron westwood, frank simek, brian easton, miles addison and ryan bennett, all in january, aswell as a few loans, as my squad was ageing terribly.
finished 3rd in the table and beat boro in the playoffs and then stoke in the final 4-1, with my incredible strike force of mauro boselli and cameron jerome bagging 67 goals between them in the league alone. i was the highest scoring team that year all across england with 109 goals in 49 games, now ive got £550k to spend in the prem so its loans and free transfers for me, managed to sign kevin prince boateng and dunney on frees and a real coup was lukas podolski on a free transfer, hoping for bottom half/mid-table finish this season then to push on next year :D<br /><br />-- Fri May 27, 2011 10:41 pm --<br /><br />went back to my real madrid season, managed to finish second in the league behind arch rivals athletico madrid, by 5 points , but finished with a goal difference of +103, here are a few screenshots of players and the final league table
ANDREA PICCHI 41 GOALS IN ALL COMPS
2ahgkd4.png

FLORIAN KOCH 44 GOALS IN ALL COMPS
2lac5de.png

FINAL LEAGUE TABLE, REAL MADRID FINISHING WITH +103 GD
103ct1w.png

had a fiddle with the English league system in my editor, messed it up a little bit but essentially:

-made an 8 team end of season Champions Playoff for the Premier League instead of the usual normal system, no idea how it will pan out...promoted and relegated the correct teams for the Premier League.

-messed with the league systems and ended up with it only going down to the Isthmian Premier in the league structure, and have managed to turn BSN into a superior league to BSS and have promotion/relegation between the two divisions...

-I have 4 Reserve leagues basically imitating the first team league system.

-I have a U21s squad instead of an U18s for every team and there is a league system imitating the first team system for this and an U21s cup.

-I have no squad restrictions for the Premier League.

-I've balls'd up my yellow cards rules. It's now a 1 match ban for 2 yellows, 2 for 3 yellows, 3 for 4 etc...

-I'd tried to fiddle with the Champions League but my Euro competition changes didn't go down with the editor so I had to leave them untouched.

I'll post feedback on how the game goes with these changes...

I'm going to start a brand new City game tonight after the first one became too boring too quickly. There's very little incentive to manage your finances as no matter how much into the red you go, the chairman ploughs money in every month to take you back to £40m. I bought Fabregas, Juan Mata, Sanchez, Coentrao, Srna, Wilshere. Had an amazing team and won everything easily. My wage bill went so high that i was literally losing about £2m per month! But it didn't matter as you get unlimited funds.

I've decided this time that rather than relying on the chairman, i'm going to make money myself. First job will be to get the wage bill to a reasonable figure. I will be selling Tevez, Yaya Toure, etc and bringing in younger, cheaper players that can eventually do just as good a job once they settle. My ultimate aim will be to get to the point where my bank balance actually increases month on month from general operations. The challenge is achieving this whilst also trying to win trophies. Should be more enjoyable than my first attempt at a City season.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.