Football Manager 2011

Started out at Middlesbrough, finished a disappointing 8th in my first season. Started my second season well but then went on a run of losses and finished 4th, missing out on promotion after losing in the play-off final. Started the next season with a few wins but then 13 draws in a row which lead to me nearly getting sacked. Wigan sacked their manager and offered me the job which i took. Lead them from 11th in the Championship to win it comfortably.

Started first season in the prem with the target of avoiding relegation and a 250k transfer budget, season went well and finished 14th. Second season in the prem i got 2 million transfer budget which I put all into wages. Signed Rchards, Bentley and a few decent players on free transfers. I finished 8th and won the FA cup, beating Liverpool, Chelsea and Newcastle (final) along the way with this team:

_____________________Artur Boruc_____________________

Stephen Kelly___Micah Richards___Phil Jones___Joe Mattock

______________________________Mohamed Diame________
___________James McArthur___________________________

David Bentley_____________________________Diego Biseswar

___________David N'Gog__________Mauro Boselli___________

Just started the new season and was offered £13 million transfer budget. Signed, Kyle Walker, Adam Johnson and Nathan Delfouneso but was offered the Tottenham job after Redknapp took over as England manager. Wanted to stay at wigan really and hold out for the City job but the lure of champions league football and a £35 million transfer budget was too much to resist.

Signed Adebayor for a measly 4 million and offering out Modric to teams to replace him with Jovetic. Hoping for a top 4 finish in the league and a decent champs league run.

Rushton121 said:
Started out at Middlesbrough, finished a disappointing 8th in my first season. Started my second season well but then went on a run of losses and finished 4th, missing out on promotion after losing in the play-off final. Started the next season with a few wins but then 13 draws in a row which lead to me nearly getting sacked. Wigan sacked their manager and offered me the job which i took. Lead them from 11th in the Championship to win it comfortably.

Started first season in the prem with the target of avoiding relegation and a 250k transfer budget, season went well and finished 14th. Second season in the prem i got 2 million transfer budget which I put all into wages. Signed Rchards, Bentley and a few decent players on free transfers. I finished 8th and won the FA cup, beating Liverpool, Chelsea and Newcastle (final) along the way with this team:

_____________________Artur Boruc_____________________

Stephen Kelly___Micah Richards___Phil Jones___Joe Mattock

______________________________Mohamed Diame________
___________James McArthur___________________________

David Bentley_____________________________Diego Biseswar

___________David N'Gog__________Mauro Boselli___________

Just started the new season and was offered £13 million transfer budget. Signed, Kyle Walker, Adam Johnson and Nathan Delfouneso but was offered the Tottenham job after Redknapp took over as England manager. Wanted to stay at wigan really and hold out for the City job but the lure of champions league football and a £35 million transfer budget was too much to resist.

Signed Adebayor for a measly 4 million and offering out Modric to teams to replace him with Jovetic. Hoping for a top 4 finish in the league and a decent champs league run.

To be fair I was rooting for you until you got the spurs job!

Alright lads, just to let the people know who have been following my FM story that they have moved my story over to the main site from the forum :).
First post:
<a class="postlink" href="http://www.footballmanagerstory.com/2011/05/varbergs-bois-introduction-and-current-standing/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;">http://www.footballmanagerstory.com/201 ... -standing/</a>

Long story short: I was City for years and won the league and both cups a few times over the years, in the last season I lost the FA Cup final but won the league and Champs League(for the first time having lost the final the year before). I then resigned with Mourinho taking my job and me going to Real Madrid where i won the Super Cup, Spanish Cup and was runner up in the League and Champs League(losing to Napoli, I finshed extra-time with 9men due to injury)

2nd season at Real i won the super cup and i'm going great guns in the cup having won 5-1 in seville in the 1st leg of the quarters. I an also unbeaten in the league after 18 matches and 2points clear with a game in hand. However I have steered them in to mountains of debt with 10mil a month in wages but have player like Ronaldo, Ramos, Marcel, Higuain, Benzema, Fabregas and several other top players they have also bulit the ground up to 90k after I kept pestering them.

Also I'm worried about the elections that they are holding I don't care if they sack me but i want to see out the season before they do

13v0

20r6078.png

Haven't seen this thread in a while! Nice 13-0 win mate :)

Got my own section on the main site for my FM story if anyone was still following:
<a class="postlink" href="http://www.footballmanagerstory.com/category/excessive-varbergs-bois-sweden/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;">http://www.footballmanagerstory.com/cat ... is-sweden/</a>

:)

started as leicester and took them up as champions with yakubu scoring 32 goals , currently hovering above the relegation places after a promising start but a current poor run. problem is against the teams around me, im playing like wolves this season, beating big teams giving away points to teams around me !

Pingu the Penguin said:
city unbeaten for over 100 games now....messi hopefully on the way!

And you still think it's fun to play the game?

Not saying you shouldn't, but I kind of lose interest as soon as the game goes in fantasy-mode, strikers banging in 50 goals, sickly long unbeaten runs and so on... I try to play it as realistic as I possibly can, and I start a new game in July 2011 as soon as the thing becomes too predictable.

One exception to all this, was starting a game as Manure's manager and doing everything I possibly could to ruin them... I lasted a few months before I was sacked. It was worth it!

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.