Football Manager 2011

pee dubya said:
CTID Chris said:
I've decided to start off as brighton (picked at random).

I have cheated a bit.. changed youth acad and stuff to 20, but I'm top of the league after about 10 games - lost 1.

I'm enjoying it, I haven't played FM for a few years so theres loads of changes for me.
I tend to play City for a season or 2 and get bored, then i try my other team St Mirren and completely fail, then start with a lower league team with the intention of turning them into a World super power and give up 2 matches into the first season, then i pick a mid-table club from a foreign league and go on to play and epic game with them for the rest of the year on and off. I'm thinking of just skipping the first 3 games.

Want me to set you a challenge?

JoeMercer'sWay said:
pee dubya said:
I tend to play City for a season or 2 and get bored, then i try my other team St Mirren and completely fail, then start with a lower league team with the intention of turning them into a World super power and give up 2 matches into the first season, then i pick a mid-table club from a foreign league and go on to play and epic game with them for the rest of the year on and off. I'm thinking of just skipping the first 3 games.

Want me to set you a challenge?
Should all do a challenge in a bit, but i've settled on Espanyol for now. Try and shove it right up the patronising, morally superior Barca.

i just think i am cursed at this game ive started as city playing 4-4-2

HART
boateng - toure - kompany - kolarov
milner - yaya - de jong - silva

tevez - balotelli

i signed : bale & neymar.

first game away at liverpool 2 down after 20 mins then kompany was sent off and i ended up losing 4 - 1

second game- away at utd lost 1 - 0, they had 10 men all game aswell grrr

third game - sunderland at home- lose 4 - 0 gyan hattrick.

whats going on?? lol

the tactic i use is fluid/attack (against the bigger teams it's balanced)

what are all you guys using for city??

Glazers_Wallet said:

HART

tevez - balotelli

first game away at liverpool 2 down after 20 mins then kompany was sent off and i ended up losing 4 - 1

whats going on?? lol

If you have excellent coaching staff listen to their advice in terms of shape what are the opponents strengths and weaknesses are, plus use the match preparation option as well because that is a vital tool to use.

Loaded my West Ham save back up. Had Blackburn at home and beat them 1-0. So far its 3 wins 1 draw and 0 losses in the League and yet to concede (touch wood).

Glazers_Wallet said:

HART

tevez - balotelli

whats going on?? lol

There is a tactic called "Control" which someone posted on this thread( think its on page 11 or 12) with screenshots
Its brilliant, undefeated in the league so far,14 games in

0-0 away at Bolton... Fairly pleased but we tripled their shots and had 57% possession. Should of won! Should of really invested in a striker instead of defenders and midfielders.<br /><br />-- November 17th, 2010, 7:29 pm --<br /><br />
2dnvir.png

Playing as Sheff Wed because of Nicky Weaver. Had no transfer budget and a low wage budget. Offloaded the deadwood and somehow managed to sign Jeremie Aliadiere, Julio Cruz and Michael Ball as well as a couple of high-Championship level players despite being in League 1. Should get promotion easy and looking for a decent cup run to boost income. Fingers crossed I get us out of the financial mess that the club is in sometime soon so I can push for promotion to the Prem at the first attempt!

Need a decent GK for the step up to the Championship tho if anyone has any suggestions?

Pride_In_Battle said:
Playing as Sheff Wed because of Nicky Weaver. Had no transfer budget and a low wage budget. Offloaded the deadwood and somehow managed to sign Jeremie Aliadiere, Julio Cruz and Michael Ball as well as a couple of high-Championship level players despite being in League 1. Should get promotion easy and looking for a decent cup run to boost income. Fingers crossed I get us out of the financial mess that the club is in sometime soon so I can push for promotion to the Prem at the first attempt!

Need a decent GK for the step up to the Championship tho if anyone has any suggestions?

try the free agents, set your player search to goalkeeper/age between 21 & 35/reflexes 13 for example, then fiddle around with it and see what comes up and maybe you'll find somebody half decent.

alternatively just see who is going to become a free agent in the summer, and pick out who you like(who you can get in realistically) and sign them on a pre-contract agreement in January.

JoeMercer'sWay said:
Pride_In_Battle said:

try the free agents, set your player search to goalkeeper/age between 21 & 35/reflexes 13 for example, then fiddle around with it and see what comes up and maybe you'll find somebody half decent.

alternatively just see who is going to become a free agent in the summer, and pick out who you like(who you can get in realistically) and sign them on a pre-contract agreement in January.

Use your scouts as well they can help you a lot.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.