Football Manager 2011

kippaxwarrior said:
Bluemoon115 said:
Hedgehog sacked by Liverpool, his replacement none other that Mick McCarthy (hahahahahaha).

But his replacement at Wolves?

Garry. Fucking. Neville.

You think thats bad

Port Vale have just appointed PAUL MERSON as their new manger on my game!!

I think he went their on my Bury save if im right. Suprise suprise he wasnt a big fan of me seeing as my favoured club was City

kippaxwarrior said:
Bluemoon115 said:
Hedgehog sacked by Liverpool, his replacement none other that Mick McCarthy (hahahahahaha).

But his replacement at Wolves?

Garry. Fucking. Neville.

You think thats bad

I'm sorry but Neville tops anything.

I mean Merson is a nob.

But Garry Neville.

Gary. Neville.

Eugh.

Bluemoon115 said:
kippaxwarrior said:
You think thats bad

I'm sorry but Neville tops anything.

I mean Merson is a nob.

But Garry Neville.

Gary. Neville.

Eugh.

on my 2010 game as bury he (neville) took Derby down to league one and i beat the shit twice haha!

Do you lot play Milner? Ive just signed Rodwell and trying to get Marchisio but i dont know who to start in a 4-4-2 diamond with no wide men. Got NDJ and Yaya as DMs so thats sorted and Silva as AMC, looking to bring in Neymar as well meaning he can cover at AMC, then ive got Barry, Milner, Rodwell and Marchisio as CMs. Preferably id go with Barry and Marchisio and then play the other 2 against the lower teams and cup games to give Barry a rest<br /><br />-- Sun Nov 21, 2010 5:38 pm --<br /><br />Just looked at signing Josh Mceachran from Chelsea as my scout recommended him, someone just approached Chelsea for him on loan and he is labelled the next, wait for it... David Dunn. Now thats just going too far, on this version they have started to add more could be the next .. but for them to put David Dunn as 1 is a disgrace

Few updates on my West Ham season...

2pt70o1.png

In the semi's of League Cup as well. Beat Villa 0-1 in first leg
2mo8fib.png

Only lost to Liverpool so far.
2qarf5z.png

Just started a game with Atleetico Madrid.

Made the drastic decision to get rid of Aguero. Offered him out for £35m and City took him. Made a few good signings with the money.

First signing of the window was David Luiz for £5m, which is probably a little unrealistic. Sent Tiago back to Juventus.

Sold Assuncao for £2.6m, and brought in Rocky Santa Cruz on loan. I'm only going to play 1 upfront, so he's a decent back up.

Sold Aguero, and with the money i've brought in Javi Martinez from Bilbao. He cost £15m (paying on drip), Ander from Zaragoza (£9m) and Coentrao from Benfica for £6m. Got Federico Fazio from Sevilla for 550k (stats look good), and sadly i signed Ji Sung Park on loan. Needed a work-horse, and he was available.

I'm lining up.....

---------------------------De Gea-----------------------

Ujfalusi-----------Godin---------------Luiz-------------Filipe

------------------Javi Martinez----Ander--------------------
Simao-------------------Reyes-------------------Coentrao------
-------------------------Forlan-------------------------------

Just lost the Super Cup to Inter on penalties. Santa Cruz scored to make it 1-1 in the game. Inter missed their first 2 penalties and i scored my first two yet still didn't win. Missed 4 in a row. Gutted.

ono said:

Made the drastic decision to get rid of Aguero. Offered him out for £35m and City took him. Made a few good signings with the money.

First signing of the window was David Luiz for £5m, which is probably a little unrealistic. Sent Tiago back to Juventus.

Sold Assuncao for £2.6m, and brought in Rocky Santa Cruz on loan. I'm only going to play 1 upfront, so he's a decent back up.

Sold Aguero, and with the money i've brought in Javi Martinez from Bilbao. He cost £15m (paying on drip), Ander from Zaragoza (£9m) and Coentrao from Benfica for £6m. Got Federico Fazio from Sevilla for 550k (stats look good), and sadly i signed Ji Sung Park on loan. Needed a work-horse, and he was available.

I'm lining up.....

Just lost the Super Cup to Inter on penalties. Santa Cruz scored to make it 1-1 in the game. Inter missed their first 2 penalties and i scored my first two yet still didn't win. Missed 4 in a row. Gutted.

You have made a very good decision in letting Aguero go. He is very poor on the game and was on 10. Good stats and huge potential but he never plays well. Signed him for City,Barca and Juve on 3 seperate games and was abysmal. However i think you could of got more than £35m, his buyout is something like £52m so could of got close to that

niall_mcfc said:
ono said:

I'm lining up.....

You have made a very good decision in letting Aguero go. He is very poor on the game and was on 10. Good stats and huge potential but he never plays well. Signed him for City,Barca and Juve on 3 seperate games and was abysmal. However i think you could of got more than £35m, his buyout is something like £52m so could of got close to that
He was valued at £16m but he was unhappy that i said David Luiz could lead us to glory, so i thought 'fuck him' and offered him around. I'd also not realised that Park Ji Sung is a non EU player (thought he might have a passport with him playing in europe for so long) so i had filled my None-EU quota by already having Forlan, Luiz and Park. Aguero seemed the obvious sell given his value.

He'd been poor on a few of my old saves on Fm10 aswell. Could never get the best out of him, and i needed funds for a midfielder or two so i'm happy. Only thing that annoyed me was i only got 50% of the fee to spend on new players and i had to adjust my budget to pay for Martinez. So a better fee would have been nice but i'm in the middle of August so i just took the £35m.

Reyes has some very good stats anyway so i think i'll play him behind Forlan.

Forgot to mention i got assulin on a freebie aswell. Average stats but he should get better. Atletico have a lot of talented young players. This should be fun. Be nice to challenge Barca and Real.

How do you lot decide what formation to play? Just whatever tickle your fancy? I need to get back on mine!

ello_jo said:
How do you lot decide what formation to play? Just whatever tickle your fancy? I need to get back on mine!

Depends on players available (either at the club or to bring in), level you are playing at and personal preference.

I like to play something similar to Mancini's 4-5-1 / 4-3-3 usually as it allow me to control games and restrict opposition chances, but for that I need a top class players across the pitch. On the downside it can mean that goals are harder to come by, hence why you need the very best players, to make the most of any chances.. It also allows me to never have to change from match to match, only need to go 4-2-4 if we are getting beat during a match.

In lower leagues, I find 4-4-2 adequate, or 4-5-1 if it's a tough game. Combination of target man and poacher / deep lying forward should be fine in most lower leagues, quick wingers and tough centre midfielders who can keep it going for 90 mins.

On the continent is where things get more interesting, formation-wise. Teams are more likely to try something new, and so I am I guess. Three CBs with wing backs, I've even seem 4-6-0 from the kick off in one lower European league - bit more variety, but still no guarantee your formation will work there.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.