Football Manager 2011

City just sacked Redknapp and appointed Mowbray!!!

We finished 6th first season, sacked Mancini and got Redknapp and now we're 7th in Feb and 'Arry got the push too! Feel we've been made really crap on this game :|

Woo, 19 games into my 2nd season, Garra Dembele hattrick fires me above Barca to the top of the league.

Blue Smarties said:
I don't know who to manage :-(

Sheffield Wednesday like me! Really good challenge, they're in serious amounts of debt so no transfer budget and a wage budget of about 70k a week. Just been relegated so the board want you to get them back to the championship and a really average team to do it with. Had to sign 9 or 10 decent players just to compete with Charlton and MK Dons. Plus they've got Nicky Weaver as first choice GK. Lovely and difficult, none of this buying 3 players for 90mil and winning the Prem in your first season. Much better when you've really got to work for it! Oh and the entire coaching and scouting team is appalling too, so I had to replace nearly all of those. Very fun!

Pride_In_Battle said:
Blue Smarties said:
I don't know who to manage :-(

Sheffield Wednesday like me! Really good challenge, they're in serious amounts of debt so no transfer budget and a wage budget of about 70k a week. Just been relegated so the board want you to get them back to the championship and a really average team to do it with. Had to sign 9 or 10 decent players just to compete with Charlton and MK Dons. Plus they've got Nicky Weaver as first choice GK. Lovely and difficult, none of this buying 3 players for 90mil and winning the Prem in your first season. Much better when you've really got to work for it! Oh and the entire coaching and scouting team is appalling too, so I had to replace nearly all of those. Very fun!
Gone for Villa ;o)

Blue Smarties said:
Pride_In_Battle said:
Gone for Villa ;o)

Much more fun getting a lower league team to the Prem and keeping them there on a shoestring budget, trust me. Why not add another manager and play as 2 teams? If you get bored of one just retire. Plus you've then got somewhere guaranteed to send players on loan ;)

Pride_In_Battle said:
Blue Smarties said:
Gone for Villa ;o)

Much more fun getting a lower league team to the Prem and keeping them there on a shoestring budget, trust me. Why not add another manager and play as 2 teams? If you get bored of one just retire. Plus you've then got somewhere guaranteed to send players on loan ;)
Villa won't be bad, but it's better if you tick the "No bidget in first window" for prem teams, gives it a different challenge. After 5 years or so go to a lower league team and get them up, with your good reputation.

Bluemoon115 said:
Pride_In_Battle said:
Villa won't be bad, but it's better if you tick the "No bidget in first window" for prem teams, gives it a different challenge. After 5 years or so go to a lower league team and get them up, with your good reputation.

I like to do it the other way round, build up my rep in the lower league and then land the big pay day in 5 or 6 seasons time. I feel it's more realistic that way!

Is anyone interested in doing a network game using Hamachi? https://secure.logmein.com/products/hamachi2/

for Mac: https://secure.logmein.com/labs/

Let me know, maybe we can do it a few nights a week or something, depending on how often people can get on.

I just started playing with some friends on Mondays, first session last night, took huddersfield to 3rd and got manager of the month in my first month. We only managed about 2 months in the night.

We tried to get a multiplayer with last years game on here but never really got it sorted out.

I work shifts now so unfortunately can't really commit to being able to play at any time.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.