Football Manager 2011

Alright footy man-ers. Bit of a tactical question for those who are a few seasons in;

Game only arrived yesterday so I'm approaching the end of pre-season, but so far I'm having trouble signing really high potential 15/16 yr olds on YT contracts to develop in my u18's (I've started out as Wolves)

I've found a 15 yr old striker at Coventy and a 16 yr old defender at County who I've approached to sign during pre-season but they both want upwards of £5k pro contracts. In fact the Cov lad wants over £9k per week.

So my question is, for those that are a few months in, is this the case that all young high potential players want lucrative deals - or is it that they only sign the agreed pro deal at 17 and until then it remains a YT contract?

Cheers

I'm a genius/flukey manager.

Won the champs league with Sunderland in my 3rd season yesterday. Struggled out of the groups. Drew Atletico won 2-0 at home lost 3-1 away, drew Feyenoord won 3-0 at home and drew away, drew Benfica in the Semi's won 2-0 at home and lost 3-2 away. Possibly the easiest run to the final you could get and I scraped through :), played Barca, had 4 shots on target and won 2-1. Unbelievably lucky.

msl said:
Alright footy man-ers. Bit of a tactical question for those who are a few seasons in;

Game only arrived yesterday so I'm approaching the end of pre-season, but so far I'm having trouble signing really high potential 15/16 yr olds on YT contracts to develop in my u18's (I've started out as Wolves)

I've found a 15 yr old striker at Coventy and a 16 yr old defender at County who I've approached to sign during pre-season but they both want upwards of £5k pro contracts. In fact the Cov lad wants over £9k per week.

So my question is, for those that are a few months in, is this the case that all young high potential players want lucrative deals - or is it that they only sign the agreed pro deal at 17 and until then it remains a YT contract?

Cheers

You can negotiate those contracts, and you can offer a lot less and you could put in some crazy unachievable bonuses. It's just trial and error, offer a low wage, see what they respond with, increase it abit and throw in bonuses, see what happens.

Recently got my copy and started as the almighty blues :) My tactic is awesome and tevez was ripping up defences left, right and centre but then 3 games into the season, he picked up crucial ligament damage and is out for 4 months :(

Bough dzenko and first game, he gets injured for 4 months so.... i'm making my way through games with ade upfront and a young striker called caio. Ade has been useless though so please get fit soon!

2nd season finished 3rd (behind Barca and Real) and qualified for Chumpions League, in United's group but an inept performance away from home led to a meek 2-0 defeat (fuming).

Garra Dembele has broken his leg, out for 7 months, gutted.

Lack of a goal scorer has led to erratic results this season so far (Dembele out and Verdu out of form), 6 points from 3 games in the CL (both scraped 1-0 wins at home), but sitting 10th after 7 games in the league.

Kameni keeping me in matches.

With Blackburn Rovers, won the first three in Prem which included 2:1 over the scum but then it's gone tits up including a 3:0 or something loss to Blackpool ffs.

doing a bit of a mark hughes now i've taken southampton into the championship.
7 games, 1 loss, 1 win and 6 draws. pretty happy though.

My first season has been a roller coaster ride full of ups and downs along the way. Started out really well, winning lots of games and setting up a tasty looking tactic, had me sitting top of the table nicely but followed by a group of teams. Tevez gets injured for couple of months so i try hang on till january. Get knocked out in every cup pretty early on, morale went pants after a recent 12 game unbeaten streak.

Signed Mata for 52million, came second in player of the year or something like that so wanted to gamble. The team really had a period of shit games but still holding on to a 4 point lead at top of the league which was my main concern and now with 4 games to go, gareth barry + david silva + kolo toure + someone else has got injured long term.

Fingers crossed i keep it together.

Pride_In_Battle said:
Blue Smarties said:
I don't know who to manage :-(

Sheffield Wednesday like me! Really good challenge, they're in serious amounts of debt so no transfer budget and a wage budget of about 70k a week. Just been relegated so the board want you to get them back to the championship and a really average team to do it with. Had to sign 9 or 10 decent players just to compete with Charlton and MK Dons. Plus they've got Nicky Weaver as first choice GK. Lovely and difficult, none of this buying 3 players for 90mil and winning the Prem in your first season. Much better when you've really got to work for it! Oh and the entire coaching and scouting team is appalling too, so I had to replace nearly all of those. Very fun!

I just got the game and started as Wednesday also. As im skint, im bargin hunting and ditched all my coaching staff (local reps) and trying to bring in national rep but i wanted 1 of each type but the dam board wont allow me more coaches

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.