Football Manager 2011

Bongo Joe said:
JoeMercer'sWay said:
brought in 30 players and sold 18...bugger, my squad's massive :/.
Can we swap? I've only got 14 fit in my first team! Had to name 4 reserves on the bench for my first game.

haha, I'm screwed basically, I have a 25 man squad rule for the Champions League etc. so I've just left it to my assistant. I'll come back off holiday at the end of the season, see who's pissed off, sell them, and see if I can get a bigger job. If I win the league then my rep should go higher and I can get a big club then, Shakhtar's great, loads of money but Ukraine's shite for players, coaches etc. and it's not very competitive and even though I've bought 30 players none of them are really world class, I dunno I have a 4 year deal I'll see how it goes lol.

JoeMercer'sWay said:
Bongo Joe said:
Can we swap? I've only got 14 fit in my first team! Had to name 4 reserves on the bench for my first game.

haha, I'm screwed basically, I have a 25 man squad rule for the Champions League etc. so I've just left it to my assistant. I'll come back off holiday at the end of the season, see who's pissed off, sell them, and see if I can get a bigger job. If I win the league then my rep should go higher and I can get a big club then, Shakhtar's great, loads of money but Ukraine's shite for players, coaches etc. and it's not very competitive and even though I've bought 30 players none of them are really world class, I dunno I have a 4 year deal I'll see how it goes lol.
Haha sounds pretty crazy! I used to always end up doing stuff like that but have started planning more recently (Basically I'm now even sadder than I used to be when it comes to this game!).

Played first game with Port Vale and it was a fan day to raise funds, first win in 4 and my striker ended a massive goal drought. It was quite a good win and performance and we're up to 12th. They've definitely been under-achieving with Bowyer in charge so it's down to me to get them firing again and back up the league!

To sum up my stupidity, I sold:

Willian, Alex Teixeira, Fernandinho and Douglas Costa plus a bunch of Ukrainians.

and I got on free transfers:

Walter Samuel, Carlos Marchena, Yuri Zhirkov, Salomon Kalou, Amauri, Ivica Olic, Gabriel Milito, Eric Abidal and Jefferson(coming in January).

I've brought Maxwell in on loan and I've bought:

Eden Hazard, Khouma Babacar, Victor, Fernando Muslera, Pablo Zabaleta, Federico Balzaretti, Alex Silva, Fabio Coentrao, Andrea Poli, Fernando Gago, Sami Khedira, Steven N'Zonzi, Alan Dzagoev, Jonas, David Ospina, Dario Conca, Adem Ljajic, Benoit Tremoulinas, Lucas Viatri and Mauro Zarate.

Fortunately Jorge Valdivia turned me down so it's only 29 :/

Bongo Joe said:
JoeMercer'sWay said:
Haha sounds pretty crazy! I used to always end up doing stuff like that but have started planning more recently (Basically I'm now even sadder than I used to be when it comes to this game!).

Played first game with Port Vale and it was a fan day to raise funds, first win in 4 and my striker ended a massive goal drought. It was quite a good win and performance and we're up to 12th. They've definitely been under-achieving with Bowyer in charge so it's down to me to get them firing again and back up the league!

I ALWAYS overbuy, even if I have no budget, I'll still bring in a dozen free transfers because I like the players, not because they're any use to me.

Squad regulations really piss me off...

JoeMercer'sWay said:
Bongo Joe said:

I ALWAYS overbuy, even if I have no budget, I'll still bring in a dozen free transfers because I like the players, not because they're any use to me.

Yeah I know exactly what you mean, especially when you're a club with money. I always found myself getting players so other clubs couldn't have them almost and that I wanted them more than I needed them. Think you just have to be disciplined though and focus on what your club needs and just fill that. Leave everything else and pick the best option.

Bongo Joe said:
JoeMercer'sWay said:

Yeah I know exactly what you mean, especially when you're a club with money. I always found myself getting players so other clubs couldn't have them almost and that I wanted them more than I needed them. Think you just have to be disciplined though and focus on what your club needs and just fill that. Leave everything else and pick the best option.

I did well at Dundee United, I maybe only had 2 midfielders more than I needed but every other position was fine, but just the fact I got a massive budget and I was bored, I just went "fuck it", *sign, sign, sign* and now my assistant can keep everybody happy.

pee dubya said:
--------------Kameni-----
Mattioni--Nordveit--Ruiz--M.Torres
--------------Rakitskyi-----------
------Verdu------------Romaric-----
Moran----------------------Osvaldo
---------------Roux----------------

Bench:
Viviano
Fazio
Lora
Albin
Wilshere (loan)
Forlin
Honda

My team currently ripping Malaga apart 3-0 at HT.

That's why i enjoy playing different leagues on relatively tight budgets, end up actually building a squad rather than going City with a huge transfer budget and just buying a load of names with insane stats.

Total matchday squad cost ~20 million euros

Good effort that, I've got a net spend of about £30m and I'm on my 4th season, I've trimmed the squad every year though and saved a fortune on wages. No point me listing my squad though as half of them are regens.

finished my 1st season at Shakhtar, went unbeaten in the league and won it obviously, won the super cup, lost the ukrainian cup final to Dynamo Kyiv on penalties and lost in the 1st knockout round of the Champions League to Barca, who went on to win it for the 3rd successive year.

Dundee Utd won the SPL by 1 goal, their GD was + 50, Celtic's + 49. Burnley got into the Group Stage in the CL by beating Spartak Moscow in the play-offs but went out in the Groups.

Bolton went down, City finished 9th, United 7th, Fulham finished 5th. Napoli won Serie A and Inter didn't qualify for Europe. Valencia finished 12th in La Liga...

gonna look for a new job as I can't do anymore at Shakhtar.

without a dream said:
pee dubya said:
--------------Kameni-----
Mattioni--Nordveit--Ruiz--M.Torres
--------------Rakitskyi-----------
------Verdu------------Romaric-----
Moran----------------------Osvaldo
---------------Roux----------------

Bench:
Viviano
Fazio
Lora
Albin
Wilshere (loan)
Forlin
Honda

My team currently ripping Malaga apart 3-0 at HT.

That's why i enjoy playing different leagues on relatively tight budgets, end up actually building a squad rather than going City with a huge transfer budget and just buying a load of names with insane stats.

Total matchday squad cost ~20 million euros

Good effort that, I've got a net spend of about £30m and I'm on my 4th season, I've trimmed the squad every year though and saved a fortune on wages. No point me listing my squad though as half of them are regens.
Cheers, it's clearly not a good enough team to challenge for the title though, so i'm starting the process of thinning the squad now as well, then i'll spend fairly big on some quality players and promising young players, try and get a better balance. So each year i actually progress rather than just kind of stand still which is what is happening at the moment.

having offloaded about 8 players last summer I've just finished my 2nd season at Shakhtar(4th overall), won the league again, only lost 1 game but got more points. Won the cup beating Kyiv 3-0 in the final to make up for last year and beat them in the Super Cup, so a domestic treble. However I lost in the 1st knockout round of the CL again, to Arsenal 4-3 on aggregate. Really can't do anymore than I have but with 7 trophies to my name in 4 years and a World Class reputation I can't seem to attract bigger clubs :/, have 2 years on my deal at Shakhtar but again need to offload more players...

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.