"Football Needs A Gay Hero!"

i'm up for that

4taihx.jpg

Re: "Football Needs A Gay Hero!"

I think this is a bit like the racism issue. Whilst not complacent we have a much better record of dealing with these issues in this country then elsewhere. Put in an international context and the response of international bodies would be weak and offer no protection to gay footballers being abused from the stands. As it is also illegal in some countries recognised by FIFA and the internationals in those countries become political dynamite. it would need a footballer of mega international standing to come out to blast this apart.....

Re:

Hart of the matter said:
I think this is a bit like the racism issue. Whilst not complacent we have a much better record of dealing with these issues in this country then elsewhere. Put in an international context and the response of international bodies would be weak and offer no protection to gay footballers being abused from the stands. As it is also illegal in some countries recognised by FIFA and the internationals in those countries become political dynamite. it would need a footballer of mega international standing to come out to blast this apart.....

that could still be me.

4taihx.jpg

Re: Re:

mat said:
Pearcey said:
Anders seems to know a lot about being gay...
Maybe he said it to facililtate it happening? If it starts building in the media it could be a campaign where a few players come out together. In this day and age I really can't see why sexuality is an issue.

Some of the replies in this threat point to why gay players might still see it as an issue.

I don't give a toss about their personal lifestyles as long as they play good footy for their team.

It should not even be an issue imo, i could not care less if i tried about a players sexuality.

TCIB said:
I don't give a toss about their personal lifestyles as long as they play good footy for their team.

It should not even be an issue imo, i could not care less if i tried about a players sexuality.

that's easy for you to say considering your location.

actually I agree 100%

The last thing any workplace needs is anyone coming into work flaunting sexuality.

Get on with your job and leave that sort of stuff for when you fancy a bum or coping some clunge.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.