Football Shirt Collection For Sale

Seems small minded of the club? Lets say £400k - 10 days of Debruynes wages to have 260 items of memorabilia for Eternity?
Why should City buy what is effectively their own property just because they can afford it? And whatever Kevin de Bruyne gets paid is irrelevant here.

Why should City buy what is effectively their own property just because they can afford it? And whatever Kevin de Bruyne gets paid is irrelevant here.

They dont own it now. And its totally relevant in demonstrating that the costs of owning such memorabilia for a museum or simply for historical relevance represents a approximately 1/2 percent of 1 employees annual wage.

Other than that great point

Are you seriously suggesting the club pays a figure that may well be anything between 5 and 10 times what the collection MAY be worth? You're not, are you?

No can you please point to me exactly where I suggested that?

You are not seriously suggesting based on a few wild assumptions on here that it MAY not even be worth £40k? You're not are you?

You think the expert auctioneers have got it that wrong?

Last edited:
No can you please point to me exactly where I suggested that?

You are not seriously suggesting based on a few wild assumptions on here that it MAY not even be worth £40k? You're not are you?

You think the expert auctioneers have got it that wrong?
Your last post. "Seems small minded of the club? Lets say £400k - 10 days of Debruynes wages to have 260 items of memorabilia for Eternity?"

£400k. Do you honestly think they're worth that. The fact that the auction didn't reach the reserve (I think) would suggest that those that might have an interest in acquiring the collection would be of the opinion that the price is too high. I guess time will tell.

By the way I did say "may", not "would".

Your last post. "Seems small minded of the club? Lets say £400k - 10 days of Debruynes wages to have 260 items of memorabilia for Eternity?"

£400k. Do you honestly think they're worth that. The fact that the auction didn't reach the reserve (I think) would suggest that those that might have an interest in acquiring the collection would be of the opinion that the price is too high. I guess time will tell.

I don't think that first line suggest that the club should pay 10 times what is worth? I know for a fact it is worth far more than £40k!

It's only worth what somebody will pay for it. That could be 4k 40k or 400k. You just never know how far some people will go to get what they want. Personally, I think 400k was a tad adventurous, but I do hope it gets a fair whack because City Shirts seems like a good egg and a top blue.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.