Football Shirt Collection For Sale

No can you please point to me exactly where I suggested that?

You are not seriously suggesting based on a few wild assumptions on here that it MAY not even be worth £40k? You're not are you?

You think the expert auctioneers have got it that wrong?
So-called expert auctioneers often get it wrong - a bit like yourself.

Ultimately, it is what the market dictates. Surely you know that, don't you?

£400,000 for the entire collection would mean an average £1418 per shirt. Obviously a handful might achieve that figure or possibly higher but most of them would be nowhere near it. The pool of potential buyers for such a collection is tiny / non-existent so I'd be surprised if it sold as a single lot.

I'm not sure why people are suggesting that City buy them. City will have most of the artefacts required for a museum. The reality is, people only really want to see items relevant to success.

Nobody wants to see Kit Symons shirt from when we got relegated in 96(I know this isn't one of the shirts included). Certainly not when you think who the vast majority of the visitors to the tour and museum will be.

There's no value in paying £300k for the collection. If it got £100k I'd be shocked and somebody will have overpaid

So-called expert auctioneers often get it wrong - a bit like yourself.

Ultimately, it is what the market dictates. Surely you know that, don't you?

Completely and utterly miss the point as usual.

It's only worth what somebody will pay for it. That could be 4k 40k or 400k. You just never know how far some people will go to get what they want. Personally, I think 400k was a tad adventurous, but I do hope it gets a fair whack because City Shirts seems like a good egg and a top blue.
Is the correct answer. Hope he gets as much as he can but the market will dictate the price and probably not a long queue waiting to part with £400k. How much did the Aguero shirt go for ? Think that would be a decent guide for the upper value of the collection as would suspect that is the pick of all City shirts for most City fans.

When Mark spoke at our OSC meeting, he mentioned that there's a huge demand from overseas buyers for these things.
I hope he gets as close to the reserve as possible. Not only will it be a windfall for him, but it will be tangible evidence that City, despite what some might say, do have a history after all. ;-)

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.