Football Shirt Collection For Sale

It's a seriously impressive collection but it's barely worth a tenth of the £1 million being thrown around.

My first thought was this should be owned by city, the older shirts, final shirts and ones signed/worn by greats no longer with us would be good museum pieces along with a handful of the later cult classic shirts/players.

Was it offered to city? I can't see why they wouldn't be interested unless the asking price was too much.

I hope Mark makes a full recovery, but he has been given a few shirts from old players and other folk for the collection and if he is selling them I think it's a bit snide

It's a seriously impressive collection but it's barely worth a tenth of the £1 million being thrown around.

My first thought was this should be owned by city, the older shirts, final shirts and ones signed/worn by greats no longer with us would be good museum pieces along with a handful of the later cult classic shirts/players.

Was it offered to city? I can't see why they wouldn't be interested unless the asking price was too much.
I agree - Auction House should have auctioned them individually. The estimate is waaaay off. The most a match-worn (them) club shirt has sold for is £30k - from the 1909 Final. Even the Revie shirt from 1956:only went for £4k.
Sadly, I see this a lot at Auctions, where labour of love collections sell for a fraction of their value/actual cost.

Have to say, I'd be astonished if the collection made three quarters of what Mark is asking. Yes; it's a fantastic collection, but I'd imagine it would be of very limited interest to non City fans. And as for City fans; how many, that have that sort of money available, would spend it on a selection (a comprehensive selection) of City shirts. As has already been suggested, HRH, maybe? Put a selection on display in the new hotel?

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.