Football Tourists

I think you need to clarify that statement. It's one thing welcoming tourists/neutrals to our home games (it's a fact of life at any of the big clubs across Europe that they will attract them, and even some of the much smaller clubs get them turning up although not in the same numbers), but I hope you're not advocating people with little to no loyalty points jumping the queue and depriving blues with thousands of loyalty points tickets for sold out away games.

is not the fault of the club is it really the tickets have been bought by so called manchester city fans and sold on to touts its supply and demand

i don't like the loyalty points setup at the club its all wrong and why should it give the right to buy tickets first and then sell them on because its happening at out club and if the club had the balls to stop it they could. yes there is alot of very good fans who have been going to years and years and yes they are the ones who the club should be giving them first chance on tickets for the big games home and away

but sadly its happening all to much at manchester city the supply and demand market is open believe me the touts have bought up a lot of seasons tickets over the past 10 years and all have the loyalty points built up on them so are they the real fans aswell seasons tickets sold to the touts are sold to the glory hunters from all over the world they even have packaged deals with hotels stays and match tickets the value of them packaged deals run into the thousands and the demand is growing

if the people at the football clubs want to stop it they could but everybody in the premier league are at it the bigger picture that needs to be sorted. but with tv rights going around the world people with money will want to come and watch it live. even the clubs with the corporate seats are doing it and offer them to non manchester city fans or glory hunters

for me the main supporters groups with the club should control the away tickets and each have a amount of tickets to sell with the person I.D on the ticket and without that I.D you can not get in or get a ticket both needed and easy to check outside the turnstiles anybody found with a ticket without I.D gets turned away simple

is not the fault of the club is it really the tickets have been bought by so called manchester city fans and sold on to touts its supply and demand
But it is the fault of the club if they're handing over hundreds of tickets to outlets outside their control, such as travel agents and re-sellers, instead of fans who have the points to buy them.

Maybe they get £50 a ticket for 200 tickets, which is £10k. Is it really worth pissing off loyal fans who've supported us for years for £10k?

It just shows the contempt the club management hold us in.

it's like some bizarre football blind date experiment, hi family from america on your first ever visit to a football match, meet Manchester City fan who has been on the lash all day long, and has zero tolerance for you, and will more than likely tell you to "f**k off the second he claps eyes on you.

Its an absolute recipe for trouble, caused by the club who are royally shafting the rank and file, all for the sake of a few quid.

Yet again for a big match our away support is completely diluted, and ruins the experience, to be honest it's making us look like a laughing stock, and i dont think the club give a shite, and what is happening at watford confirms it.

i don't like the loyalty points setup at the club its all wrong and why should it give the right to buy tickets first and then sell them on because its happening at out club and if the club had the balls to stop it they could. yes there is alot of very good fans who have been going to years and years and yes they are the ones who the club should be giving them first chance on tickets for the big games home and away

but sadly its happening all to much at manchester city the supply and demand market is open believe me the touts have bought up a lot of seasons tickets over the past 10 years and all have the loyalty points built up on them so are they the real fans aswell seasons tickets sold to the touts are sold to the glory hunters from all over the world they even have packaged deals with hotels stays and match tickets the value of them packaged deals run into the thousands and the demand is growing

if the people at the football clubs want to stop it they could but everybody in the premier league are at it its the bigger picture that needs to be sorted
but with tv rights going around the world people with money will want to come and watch it live. even the clubs with the corporate seats are doing it and offer them to non manchester city fans or glory hunters

for me the main supporters groups with the club should control the away tickets and each have a amount of tickets to sell with the person I.D on the ticket and without that I.D you can not get in or get a ticket both needed and easy to check outside the turnstiles anybody found with a ticket with I.D gets turned away simple

You're spectacularly missing the point, and that is it's clear that for certain games City themselves are creaming off hundreds of the allocation and selling them to people who don't even have to be season ticket holders as long as they can come up with the cash, and therefore it can be argued that when it comes to touting or points whoring or whatever you want to call it, City are the biggest culprits of the fucking lot. If you don't actually believe this is happening then you must've been born yesterday because the club are blatantly advertising the fact that this goes on via the City in the City events they put on for certain London games, and are also doing for Watford away where demand will already be through the roof.

But it is the fault of the club if they're handing over hundreds of tickets to outlets outside their control, such as travel agents and re-sellers, instead of fans who have the points to buy them.

Maybe they get £50 a ticket for 200 tickets, which is £10k. Is it really worth pissing off loyal fans who've supported us for years for £10k?

It just shows the contempt the club management hold us in.

...and this goes back to the whole point that I just don't understand.

Taking last night's game as an example, the ticket office are just the distributors of the away allocation, which cost £30 each end of. They are not their tickets to pass on to third party re-sellers. Chelsea would not agree for the ticket office to pass these tickets on at an inflated price and profiteering at their expense. We also know how modern day football clubs love their control and their penchant for tracing back the seat number to the purchaser should anything untoward occur. So it again begs the question - what is really going on here?

When I was at a European away game last season I was given directions to the ground by a Belgian who was there with his wife and two children plus a group of other Belgian fans. We got talking as we walked and he was telling me that they had a Belgian Supporters Club with quite a few members and that they tried to get over to as many home matches as they could and away matches close to London and Manchester because they could get into those airports quickly and easily (I did dispute the quickly and easily!!) Obviously not all of the supporters group could make every match but his wife laughingly told me that City was their hobby and until it got too expensive with the 2 children they would come as often as they could. So, people seeing/speaking to them at an away match might think that they are tourists but they are genuine fans.

It's hard to know what the solution is but we can't 'condemn' everyone without a Manchester accent. Last season when my family came over from Canada and I was able to get tickets for them for two matches, if my Grand-daughters had spoken to you at the away match you might have thought 'tourists' but they have been "brain washed" to be City supporters from birth (lol) and they love City. They both agreed though that they enjoyed the away match better than the home (& we played Chelsea that day and one of them was a mascot) because of the atmosphere.

I understand your frustrations but not ever person without a Manc accent is a tourist. :-) Thank you for reading my little 'rant' and I hope I haven't offended anyone.

When I was at a European away game last season I was given directions to the ground by a Belgian who was there with his wife and two children plus a group of other Belgian fans. We got talking as we walked and he was telling me that they had a Belgian Supporters Club with quite a few members and that they tried to get over to as many home matches as they could and away matches close to London and Manchester because they could get into those airports quickly and easily (I did dispute the quickly and easily!!) Obviously not all of the supporters group could make every match but his wife laughingly told me that City was their hobby and until it got too expensive with the 2 children they would come as often as they could. So, people seeing/speaking to them at an away match might think that they are tourists but they are genuine fans.

It's hard to know what the solution is but we can't 'condemn' everyone without a Manchester accent. Last season when my family came over from Canada and I was able to get tickets for them for two matches, if my Grand-daughters had spoken to you at the away match you might have thought 'tourists' but they have been "brain washed" to be City supporters from birth (lol) and they love City. They both agreed though that they enjoyed the away match better than the home (& we played Chelsea that day and one of them was a mascot) because of the atmosphere.

I understand your frustrations but not ever person without a Manc accent is a tourist. :-) Thank you for reading my little 'rant' and I hope I haven't offended anyone.

Nobody is saying they are!!!1

i dont think anyone has to be honest and i dont know what your reading.its not to do with not having a manc accent. its about people/tourists who aren't city fans getting tickets in the away end, when the games selling out on such high points. meaning people with points aren't getting tickets, which isn't fair.

i dont think anyone has to be honest and i dont know what your reading.its not to do with not having a manc accent. its about people/tourists who aren't city fans getting tickets in the away end, when the games selling out on such high points. meaning people with points aren't getting tickets, which isn't fair.
No, I'm sorry Cheadle_hulmeBlue & @Danny Hoekman I was trying to say that the Belgian people I met were building up points. Sorry I wasn't trying to trivialise anything just trying to say that not everyone has no points. Sorry.

Thats what I did. Binned it 3 years ago. I wish every single ST holder would do the same. They might think twice about this crap then but knowing them they wouldn't and would just put everyone's ST price up £50.

If you think it's bad now, wait until Wembley. They will have creamed off loads of a 32000 allocation. I actually feel sorry for some Random "Arsenal" fan from Belarus who hasn't got a clue, getting the shit kicked out of him for celebrating if they score. Just like the 50 or so Sunderland fans in our end all together in 14 and Liverpool last year.

It stinks.

there are loads of goons semi-final tickets available on various ticket tout sites prices vary from £140 - £300 each , due to health reasons i get to around 10-12 home league games a season , so i do not have anywhere near enough points to get a ticket through the club. The fact ive supported the club for over 50 years and have attended well over a thousand games (and lost all my hair) i resort to watching in the local pub , but if we do get to the cup final i will just pay the going rate the twatty ticket touts want , and yes i know if i bought a season ticket i would have a better chance of getting a ticket but we have enough empty blue seats at home games and i don't want to add to the embarrassment.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.