Football Tourists

But it is the fault of the club if they're handing over hundreds of tickets to outlets outside their control, such as travel agents and re-sellers, instead of fans who have the points to buy them.

Maybe they get £50 a ticket for 200 tickets, which is £10k. Is it really worth pissing off loyal fans who've supported us for years for £10k?

It just shows the contempt the club management hold us in.

i did say its a bigger picture than alot of people don't see and maybe the club are not really the blame and if like you say 200 tickets are being sold to glory hunters outside of the scheme that the club run then maybe its a inside job and somebody is creaming of the top it would be so easy to hide and even the the club free tickets that are hand out could be also ending up in the wrong hands it does make you wonder

i was a turnstile steward at main road and knew of a scam running back then where tickets was handed out to allsorts of people outside the club and it was also coming from the top they knew all about and money was change hands now did the board know all about it well too bloody right they did and ever time the crowd figures was printed a would laugh my balls off so the board knew and like i say i come from the top people running the turnstiles

am not say that is the case here but 200 tickets is small fry if somebody at the club is creaming of the top

it's like some bizarre football blind date experiment, hi family from america on your first ever visit to a football match, meet Manchester City fan who has been on the lash all day long, and has zero tolerance for you, and will more than likely tell you to "f**k off the second he claps eyes on you.

Its an absolute recipe for trouble, caused by the club who are royally shafting the rank and file, all for the sake of a few quid.

Yet again for a big match our away support is completely diluted, and ruins the experience, to be honest it's making us look like a laughing stock, and i dont think the club give a shite, and what is happening at watford confirms it.
Fucking disgracefull what City are doing , they do it for Champions league games at home . Creaming off tickets for agencies when people with high points can't get a ticket is something I though only Utd would dream up, this club is changing for the worst if you ask me.

Is this an issue for the raggy, dipper traveling fan base when playing in London?

If it's an 'above board' operation than I'd imagine the above two clubs would be into the same thing, especially if money is involved.

I am a manc 3rd generation and my kids 4th !!!. We all have Kent accents I hope you local mancs don't think we are tourists. ......

On a day out on Wednesdays at Portsmouth I saw a French lad wearing a City scare ....I had my City hat on and said 'hi' he just ignored me thats the first time another City fan has never said 'hi' back lol. My ex use to go mad as I would normally stop for a chat with a fellow City fan for ages lol.

I made a formal complaint to City regarding the situation against Celtic at home and they confirmed away fans ejected from our section had been bought tickets by Blues. They also advised that ticket resale was illegal.

If points tarts are selling to third parties then should they not be subject to sanctions?

As many posters have said, the main objection is tickets going to people who aren't City fans.
There are probably not a lot of tickets going to these people but it's hard to tell because I wouldn't know who owns a box at the Etihad and is entitled to extra away tickets. However combine the non City fans with the barely City fans / City in the City bunch and top that off with the, "we only sing when we are 2 goals up Blues" and the team aren't getting much vocal support.

That said, it is clear that our away games that we are selling out at an artificially high points level and some genuine fans who would like to go to more games are missing out. That was probably more the case for Arsenal than Chelsea because I'm not sure we've got more than 3,000 Blues who can get home at 3am and be up for work the next morning.

I made a formal complaint to City regarding the situation against Celtic at home and they confirmed away fans ejected from our section had been bought tickets by Blues. They also advised that ticket resale was illegal.

If points tarts are selling to third parties then should they not be subject to sanctions?

this is what i was saying there is a big amount of so called manchester city fans that resell tickets to touts and its easy to find a ticket if you have the money they are asking for a ticket we are talking 100% mark up on smaller games and god knows what people will pay for a BIG game and cup finals or semi finals

Fucking disgracefull what City are doing , they do it for Champions league games at home . Creaming off tickets for agencies when people with high points can't get a ticket is something I though only Utd would dream up, this club is changing for the worst if you ask me.

agree , quite sure we all know football is now a business and we are merely viewed as customers

this is what i was saying there is a big amount of so called manchester city fans that resell tickets to touts and its easy to find a ticket if you have the money they are asking for a ticket we are talking 100% mark up on smaller games and god knows what people will pay for a BIG game and cup finals or semi finals
They're fucking lieing pal, explain hoe whole rows of away fans or whole blocks of tourists get tickets for high profile games where the tickets are in high demand ? Doesn't sound like mass sales by individual city fans to me, the odd one maybe but City are selling to agencies long before we get near em. That's another way City are showing contempt for long standing fans, carry on City & you can shove the club up your fucking arse.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.