Football Tourists

absolutely loads near me in the corner, I struggled to get tickets for this with 12,500 points which makes it even more annoying that they can get tickets so easily.

Seems to be every single London away game now, northern games have a much better atmosphere.

the club did provide cheap season tickets on the first couple of rows of 114/115, I know not a lot of seats in the grand scheme of things but they are there for people instead of moving to SS3. The other problem is not everyone moved to 115 for the singing, some just wanted to stand at the game and not be bothered. I see plenty of older fans in 115 doing just that. I think more needs to be looked towards those to the left of 115 / 114 in the south stand. Before the singing section they was always started songs etc, now its like they can't be bothered because 115 should be doing that for them.

I got moved to 119 I think it was just before the corner flag for the Huddersfield replay and there was about 10 of us singing who are usually in 115 anyway! I know the attendance was low but surely all there usual singers can't have not been there.

As for the general topic in the forum I don't know why anyone was surprised. Sunday kick off it was bound to happen. It will happen midweek where the away will be full of tourists just like the Liverpool game etc earlier in the year was. Sure that sold out around 12000 or something like that and I had a Norwegian couple next to me on one side that watched about 70 mins and a group from Italy or somewhere similar on the other side.

The good news is for season card holders there is a chance to relocate to 115 singing section but has to be done before 15th of April. Details on how to do this are on all the 1894 social media sites soon.

The 115 / 114 areas are going to be clearly advertised next season as a singing section for fans "belting their hearts out". Hopefully people not wanting to sing will not be interested and go into other areas of the stadium ( each to their own we respect that ). The whole feel for a good atmosphere in the 115 area will be changed, lets not forget we are behind the goals at a football game so its going to be noisy, there will be flags & scarves held up, there will be passion and songs.

Next task, make Wembley a good atmosphere.

We took our seats early yesterday and our end was getting on for a quarter full, most were obvious tourists. As far as I am concerned they are very welcome and the more the merrier as long as they support the Blues during the game.......but NOT at the expense of any seasoncard holding blues who can't get a ticket due to the creaming off. Sort it out City.

I'm with you completely, I was at the front row in the corner and going down to my seat about 20 mins before kick off it was full of people with selfie sticks who had clearly never been to a game before. I only just managed to get tickets for this with 12,500 points and it really irritates me to know that someone with 12,000 points would not have been able to get tickets due to the amount of tourists there.

The whole point in the loyalty point system is to reward loyal fans by giving them the chance to go get tickets first, so why and how is it being so exploited that all this people can get tickets without even having a season ticket, never mind the right amount of points.

The good news is for season card holders there is a chance to relocate to 115 singing section but has to be done before 15th of April. Details on how to do this are on all the 1894 social media sites soon.

The 115 / 114 areas are going to be clearly advertised next season as a singing section for fans "belting their hearts out". Hopefully people not wanting to sing will not be interested and go into other areas of the stadium ( each to their own we respect that ). The whole feel for a good atmosphere in the 115 area will be changed, lets not forget we are behind the goals at a football game so its going to be noisy, there will be flags & scarves held up, there will be passion and songs.

Next task, make Wembley a good atmosphere.

it was already advertised as a singing section though, the whole south stand is meant to be a singing section, yet barely anyone sings. 110/111 i dont know whats happened there, but everyone seems to have lost there voice. the problem with 114/115, is that the wrong type of people are stood in there, the 50 or so against monaco is what we need in that block. preferably at the front again, as you can't hear the people signing at the back that well.

As someone I know outside of this forum and count as a decent bloke, I have to say that that comment is a bit of a cop out mate. If people made more of an effort then it would be less like the theatre and more like a football match.

Now I don't expect everyone to sing non-stop for 90 minutes but I expect away games to be markedly better for atmosphere than Arsenal was on Sunday, and I can't be doing with some of the excuses people come out with for not singing. Burnley away this season - a Lancashire derby with hardly a tourist in sight yet there were fans moaning about what songs were being sung. Here's a thing - as long as they're not offensive (and they weren't) then why not just join in instead of moaning that it's not one's favourite song or chant? For some reason, I've never been overly keen on "City, best team in the land and all the world" but if someone starts it off then I'll sure as hell join in. Or how about the curious case of the concourse singer? Often witnessed at Stoke away. You know the type - singing like fuck on the concourse prior to the match and at half-time but as soon as they take their seats they mysteriously lose their voices. By all means sing and bounce around on the concourse - I like to do it myself - but at least carry it on into the fucking stands as well. Speaking of Stoke away, I was on the back row of the away end this season and thought it would be a good idea to start up a chant of "Guardiola's blue and white army" as the game kicked off while banging the corrugated fence behind me, only to be told by some gimp - who looked as far removed from a tourist as you can possibly get by the way - to keep the noise down. And here's another - for home games, we created a section in blocks 114 and 115 for people who wanted to sing and clearly advertised it as a singing section. However, for reasons that I can't for the life of me fathom, some fans that moved there can't be arsed making the effort and would sooner stand there with their arms folded constantly moaning about what's going on on the pitch, or flicking wanker signs to the away fans. Or how about this for the ultimate piss-take? Burnley at home just after Christmas and one of ours is making a real effort on his row to get things going, only to be told by someone to stop singing.....in a fucking singing section.

Apologies for the rant and it isn't really aimed at you - like me, you're railing against the ever-increasing gentrification of football so we're singing from the same page but I do feel more of our long-standing fanbase need to step up at times rather than chucking the towel in.

"Curious case of the Concourse singer" - spot on mate

...and add to that the curious case of the "pre-match pub singer". Many a landlord has commented to me how they look forward to our visits, our good spend on beer and a how we enjoy a good sing song, only for it to die a thousand deaths on the terraces. Its like we peak to early and can't be arsed at the game..home & away.

As someone I know outside of this forum and count as a decent bloke, I have to say that that comment is a bit of a cop out mate. If people made more of an effort then it would be less like the theatre and more like a football match.

Or how about the curious case of the concourse singer?

Ah, yes, the curious concourse singers. Enthusiasm for a song inversely proportional to alcohol consumption?

The home games are what 44,000 seasoncard holders and regulars on top of that. It's up to you

it was already advertised as a singing section though, the whole south stand is meant to be a singing section, yet barely anyone sings. 110/111 i dont know whats happened there, but everyone seems to have lost there voice. the problem with 114/115, is that the wrong type of people are stood in there, the 50 or so against monaco is what we need in that block. preferably at the front again, as you can't hear the people signing at the back that well.

I don't know what's happened in 110/111 either. I moved out of there to be in 114/115 and I think only 11 or 12 people in total relocated from 110/111 so it should've had little to no impact but I was speaking to someone at Arsenal on Sunday who is still in 111 on the same row I used to be on and he said it's gone downhill rapidly in the past couple of seasons. The intention was never to reduce the impact of 110/111 - it was to expand the more vocal area of the ground to encompass 114/115, and beyond.

absolutely loads near me in the corner, I struggled to get tickets for this with 12,500 points which makes it even more annoying that they can get tickets so easily.

Seems to be every single London away game now, northern games have a much better atmosphere.

I don't think anyone is that arsed about tourists coming to City or any other ground. It is when an away end is inundated with them when it has sold out at quite a high level of points that is grating. As said, it seems the London games are now particularly bad for this. The club, or more specifically the ticket office has become a very secretive organisation, with very little transparency when it comes to the distribution of away tickets. The ticket office is only selling the tickets on behalf of the opposing club, so aren't doing it for profit reasons (except in the case of the City in the City events) - so why ride roughshod over the regular seasoncard holders and give preference to someone who is asking the person next to them "who they are supporting today"?!

I don't know what's happened in 110/111 either. I moved out of there to be in 114/115 and I think only 11 or 12 people in total relocated from 110/111 so it should've had little to no impact but I was speaking to someone at Arsenal on Sunday who is still in 111 on the same row I used to be on and he said it's gone downhill rapidly in the past couple of seasons. The intention was never to reduce the impact of 110/111 - it was to expand the more vocal area of the ground to encompass 114/115, and beyond.

its a strange one. I've been in there a few times and its still got the same type of people, as it always has, theres just no singing anymore. it was good against celtic ( noise wise), when there was a bit of fighting, but thats it. people are more bothered at swearing at the away fans and singing 'you've had your day out'. we need a proper singing end, hopefully in the north stand.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.