Football Trivia Question of the Day

I think the criteria is a capacity above about 45K.....so technically you are correct.....Emirates, Wembley and the new Olympic Stadium......you could even throw in Twickenham at a push. However, I was thinking about another town.

jjeangi said:
Atlético Madrid

Yes, Atletico Madrid have won 9 League Titles.

Athletic Bilbao have won 8 and Valencia have won 6.

Friday 24th June 2011

Which two clubs, apart from Benfica, Porto & Sporting, have won the Portuguese League Championship?

THFC6061 said:
jjeangi said:
Atlético Madrid

Friday 24th June 2011

Which two clubs, apart from Benfica, Porto & Sporting, have won the Portuguese League Championship?

The achievement of Bilbao is terrfic considering the restrictions on players they self impose

I know Boavista won it at the turn of the century, but no idea about the other one.

simonr555 said:
I know Boavista won it at the turn of the century, but no idea about the other one.

OS Belenenses and Boavista Porto have both won a single League title each.

The other 75 titles have gone to Benfica (32), Porto (25) & Sporting (18).

Saturday 25th June 2011

Which four players scored England's 11 goals during the 1966 FIFA World Cup Finals tournament?

THFC6061 said:
simonr555 said:

OS Belenenses and Boavista Porto have both won a single League title each.

The other 75 titles have gone to Benfica (32), Porto (25) & Sporting (18).

Saturday 25th June 2011

Which four players scored England's 11 goals during the 1966 FIFA World Cup Finals tournament?

Geoff Hurst
Martin Peters
Bobby Charlton
Roger Hunt

Yes, Geoff Hurst (West Ham) 4 goals, Roger Hunt (Liverpool) & Bobby Charlton (Manchester Utd) 3 goals each and Martin Peters (West Ham) 1 goal.

Sunday 26th June 2011

Which three countries located in mainland South America have never competed in the Copa America?

THFC6061 said:
jjeangi said:
Atlético Madrid

Friday 24th June 2011

braga won it 2 years ago

THFC6061 said:
Yes, Geoff Hurst (West Ham) 4 goals, Roger Hunt (Liverpool) & Bobby Charlton (Manchester Utd) 3 goals each and Martin Peters (West Ham) 1 goal.

Sunday 26th June 2011

Which three countries located in mainland South America have never competed in the Copa America?

Surinam
Guyana
French Guiana

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.