Football Trivia Question of the Day

Blue_Times said:
THFC6061 said:
simonr555 said:
That's who I was thinking of too.

No, not David Beckham.

I'll give you a clue...

The player in question made his debut for England in 1988 under Bobby Robson and his international career finished under Sven-Göran Eriksson in 2002.

David Seaman?

Indeed.

Goalkeeper David Seamen won his first cap under Bobby Robson in 1988 then Graham Taylor, Terry Venables, Glenn Hoddle, Howard Wilkinson, Kevin Keegan and finally his 75th cap under Sven-Göran Eriksson in 2002.

Wednesday 29th June 2011

England's first opponents at Wembley were Scotland in 1924 but who were their second opponents at Wembley?

Was it Argentina? I've been doing a fair bit of reading about football recently and sure I read that they played only Scotland at Wembley for years and other countries at other stadiums.

simonr555 said:
Was it Argentina? I've been doing a fair bit of reading about football recently and sure I read that they played only Scotland at Wembley for years and other countries at other stadiums.

Yes it was Argentina in May 1951.

Wales first played at Wembley in 1952 and Northern Ireland in 1955.

Thursday 30th June 2011

Who were the first club to win the European - South American Intercontinental Cup in 1960?
<br /><br />-- Fri Jul 01, 2011 9:16 am --<br /><br />Friday 1st July 2011

Which is the only African club to reach the Final of FIFAs Club World Cup?

Sorry for hijacking your thread, but I'm not allowed to make topics yet and this seems the best place to ask. Does anyone know where I can find the full opta stats for this season's premier league and other top leagues, or team by team. The opta webshite is stupid. Alternatively someone fancy making a thread to ask to see if anyone knows.
Thanks, and sorry

also Kaizer chiefs?

southwalesjesus said:
Sorry for hijacking your thread, but I'm not allowed to make topics yet and this seems the best place to ask. Does anyone know where I can find the full opta stats for this season's premier league and other top leagues, or team by team. The opta webshite is stupid. Alternatively someone fancy making a thread to ask to see if anyone knows.
Thanks, and sorry

also Kaizer chiefs?

My understanding is that the full set of Opta stats are only available by subscription - and they cost a pretty penny!

You might find selected highlightes quoted in newspapers and on the web though.<br /><br />-- Sat Jul 02, 2011 11:36 am --<br /><br />Friday's answer: Tout Puissant Mazembe of the Democratic Republic of the Congo were losing Finalists to Inter Milan in 2010.

Saturday 2nd July 2011

What was the innovation used in the 1892 FA Cup Final that's still with us today?

THFC6061 said:
simonr555 said:

Yes it was Argentina in May 1951.

Wales first played at Wembley in 1952 and Northern Ireland in 1955.

Thursday 30th June 2011

Who were the first club to win the European - South American Intercontinental Cup in 1960?

-- Fri Jul 01, 2011 9:16 am --

Friday 1st July 2011

Which is the only African club to reach the Final of FIFAs Club World Cup?
GREAT thread and Q`s!!!!

A- flamenco,boca or river plate
B- not a clue

c- corner flag of FA cup winners are a tri-angled cut to show they won once!?

corner flag of FA cup winners are a tri-angled cut to show they won once!?

It's true that FA Cup Winners have the honour of having triangular-shaped corner flags, a custom which started when Blackburn Rovers won the last of their three consecutive FA Cup Finals from 1883 to 1885.

But that wasn't the innovation at the 1892 FA Cup Final.

THFC6061 said:
southwalesjesus said:
Thanks, and sorry

also Kaizer chiefs?

My understanding is that the full set of Opta stats are only available by subscription - and they cost a pretty penny!

You might find selected highlightes quoted in newspapers and on the web though.

-- Sat Jul 02, 2011 11:36 am --

Friday's answer: Tout Puissant Mazembe of the Democratic Republic of the Congo were losing Finalists to Inter Milan in 2010.

Saturday 2nd July 2011

What was the innovation used in the 1892 FA Cup Final that's still with us today?

[bigimg]http://www.footballgoalposts.co.uk/images/goals/Football_Goal_Nets.jpg[/bigimg]<br /><br />-- Sat Jul 02, 2011 3:07 pm --<br /><br />
THFC6061 said:
corner flag of FA cup winners are a tri-angled cut to show they won once!?

It's true that FA Cup Winners have the honour of having triangular-shaped corner flags, a custom which started when Blackburn Rovers won the last of their three consecutive FA Cup Finals from 1883 to 1885.

But that wasn't the innovation at the 1892 FA Cup Final.

So will we have triangular flags at Eastlands next season?

Saturday's answer: West Bromwich Albion beat Aston Villa 3-0 in the first FA Cup Final where goal-nets were used.

They had been invented three years earlier by civil engineer John Brodie from Liverpool.

Sunday 3rd July 2011

Four Premier League clubs had them last season but six Premier League clubs have them in 2011-12 - what are they?

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.