Footballer strike?

You genuinely can't argue with someone who claims that City and other teams play 3 games a week mate.

Manchester CitySeason 2022/202365 Matches
Manchester CitySeason 2021/202262 Matches
Manchester CitySeason 2020/202171 Matches
Manchester CitySeason 2019/202053 Matches
Most teams don't play this many but top teams do and their players play even more; 4 x 3 games each international break; then add to that the various Championship games, World Cup, UEFA Cup; European Nations. Just about one every year. If you are a top, top player (KbB etc) you are playing well over that.

You are never going to get me feeling sorry for a footie player on hundreds of thousands of pounds a month saying they are overworked. Never going to happen.
They play a couple of times a week and train a few hours a day, what planet are they on

Most teams don't play this many but top teams do and their players play even more; 4 x 3 games each international break; then add to that the various Championship games, World Cup, UEFA Cup; European Nations. Just about one every year. If you are a top, top player (KbB etc) you are playing well over that.
Plus they don’t play 52 times a year.

Ultimately, most players play twice a week at elite level at the moment, but when travel and lack of sleep is included, fatigue is lowering the standard possible in football.

You are never going to get me feeling sorry for a footie player on hundreds of thousands of pounds a month saying they are overworked. Never going to happen.
They play a couple of times a week and train a few hours a day, what planet are they on
It’s not about the money. It’s about them being overused more and more. This results in more injuries and a lower standard of football.

It can also affect who wins things. It’s probably a big reason in why England struggle so much in summer tournaments.

They train for a few hours a day .
Play football max twice a week.
Get paid an absolutely obscene amount of money and then moan about it.
They could try working on a building site for 9hrs a day in the middle of winter.
They would fucking moan then
Didn't know turning up at 10 and going home at 4 constituted a nine-hour day.

(joking joking joking)

Yup that's my point I am of the same mind as you are, any other point is nonsense.
A 3 game week would be saturday - midweek - friday. If you go saturday - midweek - saturday, that third game is at the start of a new week; you don't have two saturdays in a week. Or two of any day, for that matter. To be fair, it's a common mistake people make. They class saturday to saturday as a week, when it's actually 8 days. A Beatles week, if you like! If you go on a ten month season, that's around 41 or 42 weeks. If we were playing mostly 3 games a week, that'd be 100+ games in a season. If we won the quadruple next season (even with the increased CL games), I doubt we'd play 70 games in the season. 38 PL games, 6 FA Cup games, around the same amount of CC games, maybe (guessing here) 15 CL games, Club world Club (are we even in it next season?).

A 3 game week would be saturday - midweek - friday. If you go saturday - midweek - saturday, that third game is at the start of a new week; you don't have two saturdays in a week. Or two of any day, for that matter. To be fair, it's a common mistake people make. They class saturday to saturday as a week, when it's actually 8 days. A Beatles week, if you like! If you go on a ten month season, that's around 41 or 42 weeks. If we were playing mostly 3 games a week, that'd be 100+ games in a season. If we won the quadruple next season (even with the increased CL games), I doubt we'd play 70 games in the season. 38 PL games, 6 FA Cup games, around the same amount of CC games, maybe (guessing here) 15 CL games, Club world Club (are we even in it next season?).

Someone else mentioned 3x a week I just counteracted mate :)

They train for a few hours a day .
Play football max twice a week.
Get paid an absolutely obscene amount of money and then moan about it.
They could try working on a building site for 9hrs a day in the middle of winter.
They would fucking moan then

I'd like to see how a builder gets on with the levels of fitness, strength and stamina required to play 90 mins in the Premier League.

We only play ten months in the prem so yes when everything is added in we play mostly three times a year
10 months is over 40 weeks. 71 matches in 40 weeks doesn't even average 2 a week let alone 3!

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.