Footballer strike?

As someone else mentioned, who wants to see exhausted players like we saw in the FA Cup semi final? John Stones was literally sick and the rest of them looked off their feet. It’s not good for the players or the fans and elite sport is about fine margins.
It also means that you're increasingly going to get big games where the big players aren't playing because they're injured.

We played Liverpool twice this season and in the first game, KDB was injured, and in the second Salah was injured. As much as I'm happy when Salah doesn't play, ultimately you want to see the best players in the biggest games.

If you lay a few bricks wrong do you get thousands of strangers slagging you off on the socials?
Do you have the stresses of being responsible for the building staying up?
Do you have newspapers digging up your past or present, or predict when you'll lose your brickies job, just to sensationalise it?
It's not all roses in any walk of life.
It's a good analogy tbf. An average brickie will have to graft till pension age to retire whilst an average PL football will probably be able to retire when they finish playing.

PL football players are not in the real world where people struggle to eat and pay bills, if they were they'd have something proper to moan about.

You only had to look at Bernie in the FA Cup final he looked fucked, white a sheet, dead in his feet, Stones was sick on the pitch. We were lucky to get through, it was a blessing we lost to Madrid because I think the whole season may have been lost had we gone through, we certainly wouldn’t have won the league and I’d take that any day. An easier life would be the Bellingham route go to Madrid where they value the CL above anything even their own league, if that’s what players want but to me it’s all hype, that **** if he wins tomorrow will win the ballon D’or he was anonymous in 1/4 and semis, after the Messi farce last year even players are seeing through it now, particularly intelligent ones like Rodri who had been the outstanding midfielder the last two seasons and doesn’t get a mention. The injuries will get worse the more they play, who could blame them for going at 28 to Saudi for a massive pay packet and piss easy career after been flogged probably for 20 years they way it is these days.

You only had to look at Bernie in the FA Cup final he looked fucked, white a sheet, dead in his feet, Stones was sick on the pitch. We were lucky to get through, it was a blessing we lost to Madrid because I think the whole season may have been lost had we gone through, we certainly wouldn’t have won the league and I’d take that any day. An easier life would be the Bellingham route go to Madrid where they value the CL above anything even their own league, if that’s what players want but to me it’s all hype, that **** if he wins tomorrow will win the ballon D’or he was anonymous in 1/4 and semis, after the Messi farce last year even players are seeing through it now, particularly intelligent ones like Rodri who had been the outstanding midfielder the last two seasons and doesn’t get a mention. The injuries will get worse the more they play, who could blame them for going at 28 to Saudi for a massive pay packet and piss easy career after been flogged probably for 20 years they way it is these days.
Painfully true.
I love watching Bernardo and watching him suffer was probably the saddest part of the day.
The semi final and KDB. Especially in the last five minutes. Watching him take the ball to the corner and just fall over.
They were running on fumes.

Stones threw up? Didn't see that!

We only play ten months in the prem so yes when everything is added in we play mostly three times a week
But how many minutes do the players play?

No one plays every minute of every game.

It's getting fucking stupid this argument, Gomez for example has probably played about 3 hours football for his 50k a week, or whatever he gets.

They can't have it both ways, the best players get paid a fortune and that money comes from tv, sponsorship and the fans.

If they want fewer games will they take a huge pay cut, will they bollocks!

It’s not about the money. It’s about them being overused more and more. This results in more injuries and a lower standard of football.

It can also affect who wins things. It’s probably a big reason in why England struggle so much in summer tournaments.
Yeah, that and the fact we are overhyped technically bereft shite.

We have been in the last. Pep has upped our nation’s technical ability now though.
Absolutely, for our lads though.

Rags and England are still reliant on fucking Maguire and Pickford.

2 that wouldn't look out of place on Hough End.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.