Footballer strike?

They do seem to thrive on it. But even our players were showing signs of burn out in the last few weeks. Rodri and Kev, in particular. And yes; I realise that Kev only played half a season. He's 33 in four weeks' time. Injuries get harder to recover from as you are getting on. Rodri was running on fumes. They're not machines, though it sometimes seems like they are!
Yep, but we need to rotate Rhodri more. We def missed Gundo last season. No teason that, with 5he right size squad, that we cant play those extra games.

Jesus, can’t believe people are having to resort to Algorithms and Venn diagrams to illustrate that they play twice a week.

Once at weekend and once in midweek. That’s twice a week.
You MAY get a 3 games in 7 day period, if you go far in the FA cup, leading to postponements of PL games. But I doubt you'd have more than one in a season. I actually don't think we had one this season. Going out of the CL when we did freed up couple of midweeks for the trips to Brighton and Spurs.

You MAY get a 3 games in 7 day period, if you go far in the FA cup, leading to postponements of PL games. But I doubt you'd have more than one in a season. I actually don't think we had one this season. Going out of the CL when we did freed up couple of midweeks for the trips to Brighton and Spurs.

Yes, I wasn’t being literal, that you never play three games in any seven day period. But it’s always still once at weekends and once in midweek.

The only exceptions I can recall for Premier League teams is maybe Christmas and teams having to qualify for Euro tournaments. I think Tottenham played Tuesday and Thursday a couple of times at the start of last season. Oh and United had to do it once to fit in the Liverpool game they got called off.

Apart from that you have to go back to the days when they’d play Saturday, bank holiday Monday, Wednesday, Saturday, occasionally. Think that stopped in the 80s though.

We don't.
Weekend and one mid week

We play for 40 weeks
We play at most 71 games
Factor in that players get mini breaks through the season either through non selection, injury etc.
Pythagoras couldn't even manipulate that as playing 3 times a week

You are correct if we played 3 times a week we would be playing 120 games a season which we are not :)

200w.gif

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.