Footballers' Protection Dogs

Only if they're able to walk.

Would be highly irresponsible to give a semi automatic to a crawler.

I imagine a Rottweiler trained in the use of munitions would be the protection dog of choice in most states.
I would have thought American Bulldogs would be better able to carry heavy munitions around.

You say that, but have you ever seen an American Bulldog try to reload a magazine? They're hopeless! Don't even get me started on bump stocks. They wouldn't recognize one if you waved it in their face.
They would. They'd just recognise it as a chew toy.

Not sure what use they are in the US, unless they're trained to operate a Semi Automatic?
Scintillating addition to the discussion. I take it you feel like everyone is walking around armed, and thus must have knowledge of America from TV, as reality is very different.

Scintillating addition to the discussion. I take it you feel like everyone is walking around armed, and thus must have knowledge of America from TV, as reality is very different.
Don't take it so personally CB. I'm a big fan of yours and was just an attempt at throwing in some topical dark humour.

As it happens I've spent quite a lot of time in the US and worked/work with a lot of Americans. Montana, Idaho, Texas, California, Nevada, South Carolina, Oregon, Washington State, New York, Hawaii...so I probably have a fairly decent appreciation of what life in America is like.

I'm a big fan of the country and most of the people I've met.

Very hard to discuss guns though with most Americans I've met. I once worked with a well educated man from Texas who I was good friends with, who was also a gun collector/private dealer (owned over 300 guns)...who's first action after Sandy Hook was to go out and buy 20 of the assault rifles used in that massacre. He argued that they would be a solid investment as lots of Americans would have been impressed by its performance.

He sold 19 of them on within 2 days and kept the other...you know, because it's clearly a good gun. We had a lengthy discussion, where the blinkers came down.

I decided after that, that I wouldn't ever discuss guns with Americans.

I assure you other than this post, I don't intend to start a discussion with yourself (about guns that is!!)

Last edited:
Don't take it so personally CB. I'm a big fan of yours and was just an attempt at throwing in some topical dark humour.

As it happens I've spent quite a lot of time in the US and worked/work with a lot of Americans. Montana, Idaho, Texas, California, Nevada, South Carolina, Oregon, Washington State, New York, Hawaii...so I probably have a fairly decent appreciation of what life in America is like.

I'm a big fan of the country and most of the people I've met.

Very hard to discuss guns though with most Americans I've met. I once worked with a well educated man from Texas who I was good friends with, who was also a gun collector/private dealer (owned over 300 guns)...who's first action after Sandy Hook was to go out and buy 20 of the assault rifles used in that massacre. He argued that they would be a solid investment as lots of Americans would have been impressed by its performance.

He sold 19 of them on within 2 days and kept the other...you know, because it's clearly a good gun. We had a lengthy discussion, where the blinkers came down.

I decided after that, that I wouldn't ever discuss guns with Americans.

I assure you other than this post, I don't intend to start a discussion with yourself (about guns that is!!)
Appreciate the civil response to a somewhat defensive post on my part.

Trying to explain to foreigners that America is, in many respects, still the wild frontier, gets tiresome. My apologies for not recognizing the dark humour for what it was.

Appreciate the civil response to a somewhat defensive post on my part.

Trying to explain to foreigners that America is, in many respects, still the wild frontier, gets tiresome. My apologies for not recognizing the dark humour for what it was.
All good CB. I try to save my uncivil responses for Rags, Scousers and anyone peddling VAR as a good thing.

I wouldnt want a massive dog in the bedroom with me and the mrs, what about the smell?................ I mean their noses are really sensitive!!

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.