For anyone slagging off SWP......

davymcfc said:
swp is a legend and i have always loved him. i dont think hes is doing himself any favours with this contract talk. he hasnt had a particularly good season to be honest. with johnson looking the business he may well lose his place. lets hope he can step it up. we all know he has the quality.

This is the bit I don't get, davy.

Why is SWP a "legend?"

Don't get me wrong I love SWP but if this season and today in particular have shown anything it's that if we are to get into a position to challenge for the Premiership and Champions league then we are going to need better players than SWP and RSC and quite a few others as well. That doesn't mean I love him any less but in pusuit of the dream he may fall by the wayside

SWP's game is adapting before our very eyes. He's becoming more of a right midfielder now than a right winger. He does have the ability to go past players now and again, but he seems to concentrate on linking up with the overlapping Micah and is doing an awful lot more than he used to defensively.

He seems to cover that RB role when Micah does his bull charging act, and we are a better team because of it.

mackenzie said:
davymcfc said:
swp is a legend and i have always loved him. i dont think hes is doing himself any favours with this contract talk. he hasnt had a particularly good season to be honest. with johnson looking the business he may well lose his place. lets hope he can step it up. we all know he has the quality.

Why is SWP a "legend?"

just like kinky is a legend i suppose swp is in city fans eyes wouldn't you agree?

leewill31 said:
mackenzie said:

Why is SWP a "legend?"

just like kinky is a legend i suppose swp is in city fans eyes wouldn't you agree?

Then I think the word is being used cheaply. Sorry, just my opinion.

He's about worth what we paid for him, average if you take emotions out of it, if he was sold about 10 mill, ask is that where we are, no is the answer

Damocles said:
SWP's game is adapting before our very eyes. He's becoming more of a right midfielder now than a right winger. He does have the ability to go past players now and again, but he seems to concentrate on linking up with the overlapping Micah and is doing an awful lot more than he used to defensively.

He seems to cover that RB role when Micah does his bull charging act, and we are a better team because of it.

I couldn't disagree more Damocles.

He has never been more ineffective. He used to get up and down that right flank all day long and Keegan actually used to favour him at the back more than Sinclair at times (Bolton away being one that springs to mind).

Now he SHOULD be learning how to be a right midfielder but I'm afraid his lack of first touch is just making him look terrible.<br /><br />-- Mon Mar 15, 2010 10:45 pm --<br /><br />
leewill31 said:
mackenzie said:

Why is SWP a "legend?"

If Gio came back for a second spell and wasn't as good as before and then got his Dad to demand more money for him. Possibly.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.