for colin martin, for steve king and for my dad

i'm gonna sing my heart out tomorrow as ever and i'll feel so proud cheering our blue shirted heroes on,have a great day everyone and if there is a god then we shall be the winners,just had a few beers in the local n even red twats are wishing us luck,god bless all blues! c'mon City!

Wonderful post OP.

Tomorrow I will be thinking about my brother without whom I wouldnt be a Blue. He was quite alot older than me but used to always take me to home and away games during the 80s even though I most have been a right pain in the arse most of the time!

We had some great times watching City together despite the team not winning anything. The 80s provided some very memorable moments if not any trophies.

Unfortunately he died in an accident in 89 and City became my life as that was what brought us together.

Abide With Me was played at his funeral and if I manage to get through that tomorrow then I hope I can help shout and sing us to win the Cup.

Sorry, may have missed other threads on this one.

Great to hear our blues family coming together for a memorable day tomoz...and I was touched by so many stories of those loyal fans who can't be there in person....

For me, if City can lift the FA cup tomorrow, the two men in my mind are Big Mal and Neil Young......... RIP.. the pair of you buggers !!!!
...Hope those lucky blues going to Wembley tomoz will give a superlarge Poznan for both of 'em

Sticky time?

Anyway, my personal remembrance will be for my Granddad. He was there is '69 (I was 2).

I'm sure he'll be there tomorrow - looking down as we lift the cup!

For my Dad who was turned into a Blue by Wife. He was a Bayern Munich fan as he was born and raised in Munich. His last words were a txt message I got from him was him asking me if City are now Barca after we trashed Chelsea at Stamford Bridge last season.

He died 11 days later at the age of 59, missed Bayern Munich get their revenge over United, missed Germany performing gloriously in the World Cup... missed the birth of my son... missed us beat United in the Semi Final of the FA Cup which he would have loved to see as he hated United for that 2:1 win back in 1999... will miss us win the FA Cup tomorrow (well hopefully we will win it).... or will he? I am not a religious person, but I would like to think that his spirit is there tomorrow watching the game.

Miss you dad, would have loved to get another txt of you after tomorrow.

Thanks bob, I am already nervous, now I have emotional stress to deal with as well.

From my own perspective I was the black sheep alongside my older brother who saw the light to adopt city amongst a family of rags so haven't lost the reason I am blue.
From the age of about 10/11 I met two lads in Little Hulton which is rag central and we when to City together for many years becoming best mates, the 3 city fans in an entire school of rags and platic liverpool fans. We joined the army together in 96 straight from school and obviously our match going days were less frequent. We had some great memories a 4000 mile trip to wycombe for about 4 hours before flying back to some god foreshaken shithole and starting our tour with 3 days in the glass house stands out.
Unfortunately I am the last man standing from our little crowd due to a motorcycle crash and an IED, my thoughts as always are with your families Dom and Chris.

RIP it was a pleasure and honour to know you both, I may be sat alone tomorrow but I wont feel alone with the memories I have, I'll be doing my bit, just remember to do yours from up above should the need arise.

For everyone who has lost someone dear to them, and for me who lost my husband, a diehard blue, who brought his sons up to be blues, and especially at this time for my friend who is in hospital who had a heart attack last night after surgery and her husband played for the blues in the 50's, please try your hardest lads for all the supporters who have waited so long for this day.

Great thread Bill.

Been thinking about Col and Steve all week .

Lets do it for THEM.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.