For those Blues that are no longer here

My Uncle Steve, passed away peacefully only a few months ago aged 60. Bowel cancer got the better of him, i'll spend a little while in the memorial garden area near my entrance,T, knowing he will be watching from somewhere up above with tonnes of other blues. Took me to my first game if i remeber rightly, 3 nil vs Aston Villa early 90's, Walsh ,Rosler and a peach of a FK from Beagrie, was hooked from then on. Thanks uncle, we all miss you.

I shall be thinking of my dad who left us in 2006, he would have loved all of this. First took me in 1959 and through the glory years of the 60's.
RIP Pops

It would have been my mum,s 75th birthday this coming sunday when we play QPR,she died the month before we beat Gillingham in 1999 in the play-offs at Wembley.That she was watching us from Heaven as the board went up for 5 mins injury time at the end of normal time is why we are where we are now.Maureen(R.I.P)a proper LEGEND.

My mum would have been telling everyone for weeks all about us winning it if it does happen, she used to light up when she spoke about her beloved blues

In 1997 as City decided to nose dive through the divisions Roy Lewis together with Tony Welsh decided to form the Baguley and Brooklands Supporters Club. Whilst it was a very strange time to start something like this it is still going strong today. Sadly, Roy a lifelong Blue is no longer with us. if/when whatever Sunday brings I will raise a glass to you Roy.

Trevor Parry is another taken far too early, a life long Blue who I think would just about remember 1968. He certainly was there for all the years after, it is such a shame he is not here to witness this. Again I will raise a glass to you.

im so greatful to my family, great grandad no longer here but my grandad grandma mum and dad still here to witness possibly the greatest day in countless years.

feel for those whos family wont be here, love goes out to them all

My grandad on my mum's side.
Lived in a house that was situated on the now football field opposite the City Chippy. Went every home game in the 30's onwards apart from when he was in the war.
Then they were moved to Wythenshawe and he still went.

Summer of 1970, (I was aged 7) he went on the bus to Maine Road to buy his season ticket. Was walking back to the Parkway, to return home, saw his bus and ran for it. Went upstairs, lit a ciggie and then had a heart attack.... the bus diverted to Wythenshawe Hospital, but it was too late......

For you George Brunyee - Sunday is for you.

And his son, my uncle, David. Followed his dads footsteps and went to home games with me throughout the 80's and 90's.
He died of a heart attack aged 66 in October 2003. Always bothers me that I never asked him to come to Eastlands for one of the first games, mainly because he would have had to sit on his own......

To David Brunyee - Sunday is also for you :)

I shall be thinking about Ken, who had a season ticket next to me and died 3 years ago of cancer of the throat. He used to tell me to cheer twice as loud for him and for myself. Still miss you Ken.

So when you hear that Eccles Blue was making everyone deaf with her cheers you will know it is for Ken as well as me!!

RIP Ken.

I'll be thinking of my late Dad, who first took me to Maine Road way back in 1959. It's because of him I'm a Blue, and my elder brother and my son.
So I suppose it's all his fault but none of us we would have had it any other way.

I'll also be thinking of my old mate Denys Stott who passed away a few years ago. A fellow Failsworth lad who moved to Nottingham but still travelled the length and breadth of the country with us to watch the Blues in good times and bad. A City fanatic, in his Will he left me a framed water colour of the last day at Maine Road, and it's now on my son's bedroom wall. Due to ill health he sadly never got to go to Eastlands. He'll be looking down on us this Sunday and saying 'Don't cock it up this time City'

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.