For those that go

If I can go to the match I go, but living in UAE makes it quite expensive, regardless I have made three home matches so far (two of which we lost) and have two more before Christmas

Which games? Given your record I might just give them a swerve.

Being at the game enables you to see things you can't see on telly. (Provided you have a decent view - I'm in 305 so it's pretty good.) Sometimes it's minor things like who stays back when we have a corner, sometimes more important stuff about the shape of the game or what zaba is doing when kolarov is overlapping for instance. Watching on TV enables you to see things you didn't see at the match - like that clear penalty that was actually a good tackle and vice versa. That said, they are usually points of detail about marginal calls (like offsides or similar). I try to record the game, if it's a live game or game of the day, and watch it back before really coming to a view (apart from 'great result' or whatever). (Mrs London just loves the fact that after fucking off out for 9 hours, I get back and then spend 2 hours watching a game I have just seen.) That said, most of the views I form at the game don't really change that much just because I've watched it back on tv.

I agree with what some have said about the possibility of being influenced by TV commentators. I've often come away from the game thinking we controlled it only to find out from Craig Burley and Ian Darke or whoever that in fact we were complete dogshit.

In all seriousness, I think there is a section of our fan base (and the wider British watching public for that matter) that think we should just blow away sides like Seville. However, they are a very good side (or a top top side if you prefer an Arry Redknapp turn of phrase) that have won the Europa league the last 2 years. We didnt play well tonight but to think we can just blow them away is arrogance of the highest order IMO. Doesnt matter if you are watching on TV or not, its just what the wider media have drummed into us.
I agree. We'd struggle to beat them with Silva and Aguero and the others so to do so with the current squad is a very good result

I thought in international week when we lost Silva and Aguero that if we can get though Bournemouth, Sevilla and Man Utd unbeaten then we'd be in a very strong position with a whole host of players to return. Only one game left now out of those three.

I sit in front of a right wining ****, who severely puts a downer on every fucking game, not a single good thing to say, just navas this, kolorov that, Bony the other, to make it worse he's a fucking brummie!!! Just droning on and on in his boring monotone voice, I swear I will swing for the fucker one of these days, why he goes I will never know

I sit in front of a right wining ****, who severely puts a downer on every fucking game, not a single good thing to say, just navas this, kolorov that, Bony the other, to make it worse he's a fucking brummie!!! Just droning on and on in his boring monotone voice, I swear I will swing for the fucker one of these days, why he goes I will never know
I had one of those next to me last couple of seasons and the worst thing was he wanted to talk to me instead of his mate the other side. I remember him moaning about Dzeko when were 5-nil up (against Norwich, I think). Had to move in the end. Plus he never clapped or sung anything, just droned on and on.

You don't sit in 137 row m do u? ;-)

I found it interesting sitting at the end rather than the side, where I normally sit.

I think City have been piss poor defensively this season but I didn't realise quite how useless we were until I saw how often we left wide areas unguarded & how slow we were to cover when the ball is played from one side to the other, then how obvious it was 3 passes earlier, that Seville were going to get a runner in behind the fullback, & just knock the ball over his head, ala Graeme Taylor/Watford or Coppel at Crystal Palace, but we were so badly set up, that there was nothing we could do to prevent such a bog standard, primitive tactic.

The other thing I particularly notice at games as opposed to on tv, is how fucking fantastic DeBruyne is.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.