For those that go

Watching on TV your pointed directly at the man in possession, whereas at the match you get greater all round perspective. Also, TV viewers have the luxury of instant replays from many angles and in slow motion. For me the TV gives fans a totally different perspective of the game which may be why there are many differeing views.

Cannot beat the live atmosphere though.

Edited as after I read it again, brain and fingers were not in sync :)

Last edited:
You only need to be sat in a different part of the stadium to get a very different view / opinion of the game. Something that looks an easy ball from one angle looks massively different from another.

Then of course, I can be sat one row behind someone and have a totally different view of who is having a good game.

All in all I think the opinions at the game are as varied as they can be, but I do feel TV has a habit of brainwashing fans into accepting the commentator's opinions. The can completely change the 'feel' of a game by saying 'City struggling to break down the defence' vs 'City having all the possession and piling on the pressure'. It's quite subversive really.

The abusive, condescending and arrogant posters are never like anyone I've met at a match. Ditto Tweeters.

It depends I sit with PB and Matty and they are both very knowledgeable about the game, but we seem to have more of a discussion rather than ranting and raving about things, I much prefer watching the game live though it’s less nerve racking than watching it on TV

The only downside about going to the match personally is the fucking halfwits behind me who haven't got a fucking clue and talk shit every minute. I'm surprised I haven't bitten of my bottom lip yet. It makes the average match day thread look like the QPR post match thread.

It depends I sit with PB and Matty and they are both very knowledgeable about the game, but we seem to have more of a discussion rather than ranting and raving about things, I much prefer watching the game live though it’s less nerve racking than watching it on TV

Very true, although I don't really know why

Living in NZ I only watch the games on TV so have little idea of a player's total contribution to the game because they are only seen when the ball is near them - hence it is difficult to express informed opinions on how good/bad a player was in the game.
I only listen to the commentators with half an ear as they are mostly talking rubbish.

I do feel TV has a habit of brainwashing fans into accepting the commentator's opinions.

That is an excellent point. I've lost count of the times I've heard someone on sky or MOTD say something, only to hear it repeated on here later.

If I can go to the match I go, but living in UAE makes it quite expensive, regardless I have made three home matches so far (two of which we lost) and have two more before Christmas. But I try never to listen to the so called pundits/experts. If I have to watch City on TV I turn it on when the match starts , off at half time and off once the whilstle blows.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.