For those who like Mancini

selim said:
You're missing the point,the Carling cup cann't be used to prove a certain manager is good or not,that's my point.

Hughes was the first manager in over 20 years to get us to a semi. That's TWENTY YEARS. If he was as "shit" as you claimed, we'd never have got anywhere near.

If you are too pig headed not to see this behind your anti Hughes stance, then I feel sorry for you.

Hughes is not a "shit" manager. He isn't the best, but he's far from the blundering, clueless imbecile the Hughes Out brigade try and paint.

Jim Tolmie's Underpants said:
selim said:
You're missing the point,the Carling cup cann't be used to prove a certain manager is good or not,that's my point.

Hughes was the first manager in over 20 years to get us to a semi. That's TWENTY YEARS. If he was as "shit" as you claimed, we'd never have got anywhere near.

If you are too pig headed not to see this behind your anti Hughes stance, then I feel sorry for you.

Hughes is not a "shit" manager. He isn't the best, but he's far from the blundering, clueless imbecile the Hughes Out brigade try and paint.

200 millions>>>Carling Cup semi final...yeah the owners must have settled for that,let's see where will he go next? i heard Real Madrid is looking for a manager..oh wait!

selim said:
Jim Tolmie's Underpants said:

200 millions>>>Carling Cup semi final...yeah the owners must have settled for that,let's see where will he go next? i heard Real Madrid is looking for a manager..oh wait!

You don't give up, do you?

"200 millions>>>Carling Cup semi final". How long did he have after he'd spent that before he got the push?

A few months!

And in those few months he got us further in a cup competition than any other manager in 20 years.

Given more time he may actually have won something with us.

How well did Mancini do in the cups? Oh, that's right - got beat by the scum and bombed out at the mighty Stoke.

Yet Hughes is "shit" and Mancini is the messiah?

Okaaay...

mammutly said:
Bluemoon115 said:
Why were you/the OP not saying the same under Hughes though?

Personally I'm all for Mancini to stay, but the hypocrisy from some posters is outstanding.

If Hughes were still here at this stage of the season and we had anything to play for, I'd be syaing the same thing.

We still had a chance of the top 4 under Hughes. What your basically saying is that you knew the damage you could be doing to team morale and our chances of a top 4 slot by slagging Hughes but you were more bothered about getting Hughes out the door than jeopardising our top 4 chances and giving Hughes a chance.

The real reason you and others of your ilk now want people to lay off Mancini (which incidentally I agree with) is not for the success of City but so you can come on here and laud it about why you and the rest of the Hughes out crew were 'so right' about the need to get rid of Hughes. Pathetic.

selim said:
GStar said:
You're being ironic, right?

Actually NO! ,The whole "give managers time" debate is useless when you have a clown in charge.
how does a clown get you 6th in the league with a game in hand; the first semi final in two generations and only two defeats in 27 games?
you are the one being clownish

Hughes was a shit manager.
We got to the semi by the luck of the draw and nothing else.
Name me one great win under Hughes?

Exactly! There were none, he was shit.

Those who backed him were wrong to do so and no amount of anti Mancini bollox will make them right.

If we han't got rid we would be 7th now based on his results this season. We are 5th and in with a shout. Why not enjoy it?

Bluemoon115 said:
mammutly said:
It really is time for every real fan to forget about whatever personal agenda they have for awhile and just get behind the team and the manager.

Personally I'm all for Mancini to stay, but the hypocrisy from some posters is outstanding.

I think Hughes had everyone's backing until he drew 7 consecutive games. Think about it if we'd won just 2 of those 7 games we'd be 2 points clear of Yid with their shit run in about to start, we'd be laughin'.

S.E.H said:
Bluemoon115 said:

I think Hughes had everyone's backing until he drew 7 consecutive games. Think about it if we'd won just 2 of those 7 games we'd be 2 points clear of Yid with their shit run in about to start, we'd be laughin'.
if only that were true!

if you search the posts of some of the individuals on here like tolmie did you will see that it started August 08
furthermore there are some interesting threads regarding the signing of bellamy where those self same posters abused both him and hughes and said they would never go to COMS if he signed

so, for most of them, the seven draws had nothing to do with it

alfienoakes said:
Name me one great win under Hughes?
Exactly! There were none, he was shit.
Well; if you'r etalking about this season, what about Chelsea and Arsenal (twice)? Hardly none, eh? You might want to get your facts correct before postig.

squirtyflower said:
S.E.H said:
if only that were true!

if you search the posts of some of the individuals on here like tolmie did you will see that it started August 08
furthermore there are some interesting threads regarding the signing of bellamy where those self same posters abused both him and hughes and said they would never go to COMS if he signed

so, for most of them, the seven draws had nothing to do with it

It was for me, because I backed the signings of Bellamy and Bridge etc, though I was shitting myself at the thought of Upson. But when you're throwing away leads against the likes of Burnley and Hull, something has to give.<br /><br />-- Fri Apr 02, 2010 8:14 am --<br /><br />Oh, and who's flourished under Mancini? Tevez, and he said so himself. Fair Tevez did score against Chelsea, Arsenal and Bolton at the end of Hughes' reign, but under Mancini he has made himself the No.1 Striker at the club, and I don't think Hughes knew how to use him properly.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.