For those who like Mancini

de niro said:
Rammy Blue said:
Morning Bill, can tell you are bored.....

I agree about Bob being the pawn but stop it with the stuff about Hughes, I am pretty sure our owner gave him the boot when he saw his wishlist for the window - Upson, Parker et al would not have got us 4th and he certainly wouldn't have beat the scum over 2 legs considering how poor we were against them in the games under his stewardship.

we were robbed at cold trafford under hughes, my beef is not manager v manager(although bob is off his fucking rocker)it was why the hell did we make the change at all when we did, end of season, yes, at the takeover yes, even last august yes, not though half way through a campaign.then we tie the new managers hands behind his back with billions in the bank gaining interest.

can't fathom it tbh.

I know you started a thread previously about "the window" being wasted and that element is still the part that I don't understand. I am sure that Hughes would have been expecting to spend 40+mil and even if the board didn't fancy his wishlist it still makes no sense whatsoever that they didn't allow Bob the same luxury of spending a few quid when it has been plainly obvious that 4th place was always the target and cups were a distraction.

The owner sacked him because he didn't think he would get us 4th yet you then don't give the new man the best possible chance of getting us that spot, as you say can't fathom it.

<a class="postlink" href="http://www.guardian.co.uk/football/2010/apr/02/roberto-mancini-manchester-city" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;">http://www.guardian.co.uk/football/2010 ... ester-city</a>

Jim Tolmie's Underpants said:
selim said:
What are you on about? Mancini's results are better than hughes and that is a fact !

By about 0.22 points per game, LOL!

Hughes - "Shit Manager":

P-----W----D-----L-----Points-----P.P.G.
17----7-----8-----2------29----------1.71

Mancini: 'Brilliant Manager':

14----8-----3-----3------27----------1.93

<a class="postlink" href="http://www.mancityfans.net/mcfnet/viewtopic.php?f=119&t=31390&start=50" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;">http://www.mancityfans.net/mcfnet/viewt ... 0&start=50</a>

Let's see what the stats say after Mancini has played the same number of games.

0.22 points extra per game is nearly an extra 10 points at the end of the season. 10 extra points would have had us on 66 points right now. 2 points behind Arsenal with a game in hand. Win that game in hand and that's 3 points behind Utd with Utd yet to play Chelsea and yet to come to our place.

So, let's recap... Mancini would have has us challenging for the title ...and with someone elses team!.

;)

All over the press today that he's eyeing a move to Juve, which job is his number 1 choice I wouldn't be too sure, does he know his day could be numbered or are numbered?
Is it Mancini's reaction to fan criticism or would he want to move to Juve even if he got 4th with us?
His future is anybody's guess at the moment, shame if he leaves without bringing in some players first though!<br /><br />-- Sat Apr 03, 2010 8:49 am --<br /><br />
ElanJo said:
Jim Tolmie's Underpants said:
By about 0.22 points per game, LOL!

Hughes - "Shit Manager":

17----7-----8-----2------29----------1.71

Mancini: 'Brilliant Manager':

14----8-----3-----3------27----------1.93

<a class="postlink" href="http://www.mancityfans.net/mcfnet/viewtopic.php?f=119&t=31390&start=50" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;">http://www.mancityfans.net/mcfnet/viewt ... 0&start=50</a>

Let's see what the stats say after Mancini has played the same number of games.

0.22 points extra per game is nearly an extra 10 points at the end of the season. 10 extra points would have had us on 66 points right now. 2 points behind Arsenal with a game in hand. Win that game in hand and that's 3 points behind Utd with Utd yet to play Chelsea and yet to come to our place.

So, let's recap... Mancini would have has us challenging for the title ...and with someone elses team!.

;)
The extra 10 points is calculated for the end of the season not to be added on with 7 games to go pmsl!
Flawed logic= bullshit
38 x 1.93 = 73.34 - end of season
73.34 x (31/38) = 59.83 - where we would be at now
Don't mess with maths to prove a point if you have no ability!

He's reportedly on a short term contract so his future is a little uncertain.

Don't understand the coments about why we didn't strengthen in January. We bought Johnson, and lined up Mariga who went to Inter in the end because the appeals panel turned down the work permit. It's one thing strengthening a mid-table team in January, another thing strengthening a top 6 team.

You can criticise Parker - I think he's a good player - but it's highly unusual for really good players to become available mid-season. We bought the best that was available.

mancini's record at City is short, but very good. The criticism I have read is ill-informed, and amounts to little more than prejudice. "He's Italian and therefore defensive" (despite him fielding the most attacking formations in the country) and his English isn't great. We've picked up a lot of points despite some players being upset by losing the manager who bought them. On top of that we have lost Ireland which leaves our midfield unbalanced and forces us to play 4 forwards at times

de niro said:
why the hell did we make the change at all when we did, end of season, yes, at the takeover yes, even last august yes, not though half way through a campaign.then we tie the new managers hands behind his back with billions in the bank gaining interest.

can't fathom it tbh.

I think it was because the penny finally dropped that Hughes was taking us nowhere and swift action was required before our club went in to total freefall.

Here are the FACTS - undisputed when you compare like with like, Hughes last 14 league matches vs Mancinis first 14 league matches

Hughes

P W D L F A Pts GD
14 4 8 2 28 27 20 +1

Mancini (With Hughes Team)

P W D L F A Pts GD
14 8 3 3 25 12 27 +13

Now what stat above gives any indication whatsoever that Hughes was/is a better manager than Mancini and that the descision to remove Hughes was wrong? The standard of opposition was comparable we lost away to Hull when we only drew at home with them, compares to us beating Fulham away when we could only Draw at home with them. Chelsea we beat twice though having seen both games I would argue the overall performance at their place was better than that which we turned in at Eastlands.

Bearing in mind the amounts of money spent by both Managers there is absolutely nothing I can see in the facts that even begin to suggest Hughes is a better manager than Mancini. The fact we scored one goal more (under his attacking football style) certainly is countered by the fact we conceeded 15 more.

It is so obvious I really do wonder what posters on this site are looking at.

The above equates to 0.5 points a game better - 19 points a season!!

scorer said:
de niro said:
why the hell did we make the change at all when we did, end of season, yes, at the takeover yes, even last august yes, not though half way through a campaign.then we tie the new managers hands behind his back with billions in the bank gaining interest.

can't fathom it tbh.

I think it was because the penny finally dropped that Hughes was taking us nowhere and swift action was required before our club went in to total freefall.

Here are the FACTS - undisputed when you compare like with like, Hughes last 14 league matches vs Mancinis first 14 league matches

Hughes

P W D L F A Pts GD
14 4 8 2 28 27 20 +1

P W D L F A Pts GD
14 8 3 3 25 12 27 +13

Now what stat above gives any indication whatsoever that Hughes was/is a better manager than Mancini and that the descision to remove Hughes was wrong? The standard of opposition was comparable we lost away to Hull when we only drew at home with them, compares to us beating Fulham away when we could only Draw at home with them. Chelsea we beat twice though having seen both games I would argue the overall performance at their place was better than that which we turned in at Eastlands.

Bearing in mind the amounts of money spent by both Managers there is absolutely nothing I can see in the facts that even begin to suggest Hughes is a better manager than Mancini. The fact we scored one goal more (under his attacking football style) certainly is countered by the fact we conceeded 15 more.

Well, based on your stats Mancini has lost one more game and scored three fewer goals. Which proves he's a defensive idiot. I couldn't care less whether he's won more points or has a superior goal difference! What's that got to do with football?

Neil McNab said:
All over the press today that he's eyeing a move to Juve, which job is his number 1 choice I wouldn't be too sure, does he know his day could be numbered or are numbered?
Is it Mancini's reaction to fan criticism or would he want to move to Juve even if he got 4th with us?
His future is anybody's guess at the moment, shame if he leaves without bringing in some players first though!

-- Sat Apr 03, 2010 8:49 am --

ElanJo said:

;)
The extra 10 points is calculated for the end of the season not to be added on with 7 games to go pmsl!
Flawed logic= bullshit
38 x 1.93 = 73.34 - end of season
73.34 x (31/38) = 59.83 - where we would be at now
Don't mess with maths to prove a point if you have no ability!

Here's an equation for ya...

Y = C

(Y being You)
(C being Clarkie)

Skashion said:
scorer said:

Hughes

P W D L F A Pts GD
14 4 8 2 28 27 20 +1

P W D L F A Pts GD
14 8 3 3 25 12 27 +13

Well, based on your stats Mancini has lost one more game and scored three fewer goals. Which proves he's a defensive idiot. I couldn't care less whether he's won more points or has a superior goal difference! What's that got to do with football?

Fook me I'm glad I read that through twice, I almost lost my faith in humanity :)

Skashion said:
scorer said:

Hughes

P W D L F A Pts GD
14 4 8 2 28 27 20 +1

P W D L F A Pts GD
14 8 3 3 25 12 27 +13

Now that just does not add up... at all. Would you like to reconsider and edit...?

TIP: If he's scored three fewer goals it may suggest he's an attacking idiot not sure how defensive works into the equation.

Second TIP: Read neil McNabs advice...

Oh and by the way, it's points that win you prizes.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.