For those who listen to TalkSport

I listen to both Talksport and 5 Live a lot. It's quite simple really, if you want some good quality journalism and sports reporting from presenters and pundits with carefully formed opinions and facts then listen to 5 Live. If you want to be entertained in a more lighthearted manner then listen to Talksport, but take everything they say with a pinch of salt. Most of their presenters are there with a remit to put accross a sensationalist veiwpoint in order to get a reaction and get listeners ringing in as that is how they make their money. Depending on what mood I am in or the type of story I want to hear discussed then I will chose which one to listen to.

vincent said:
Bilston Blue said:
The 7 - 10 evening show, Mark Saggers (transfered from 5live) with Stan Collymore... thought I'd give Collymore a chance, didn't expect much to be honest but was pleasantly surprised. He's knowledgeable, articulate and very passionate about his football. A good listen if the subjects are interesting enough.

Agree. Can be negative about us but I do like listening to him. Spot on about Beckham btw.

Yeah, that Beckham debate was interesting even though I totally disagree with collymore on that one.

Sheikh Rattle n Roll said:
Sorry chaps, but if you are bored of listening to TalkSport, have a trawl through YouTube....... I think this has to be the best 'sketch' by Mark and Lard ever!

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=itMGRYAUsPE&feature=PlayList&p=E4767AA35F50355D&playnext=1&playnext_from=PL&index=8[/youtube]
Quality.......pmsl.

bluebarn said:
I listen to both Talksport and 5 Live a lot. It's quite simple really, if you want some good quality journalism and sports reporting from presenters and pundits with carefully formed opinions and facts then listen to 5 Live. If you want to be entertained in a more lighthearted manner then listen to Talksport, but take everything they say with a pinch of salt. Most of their presenters are there with a remit to put accross a sensationalist veiwpoint in order to get a reaction and get listeners ringing in as that is how they make their money. Depending on what mood I am in or the type of story I want to hear discussed then I will chose which one to listen to.

That pretty much sums it up,

It like if you feel in a clever mood you buy a broadsheet paper and think you're all intellectual, but if you not really in a thinking mood and just want to look at the pictures you buy a tabloid.....

mcfc83 said:
bluebarn said:

It like if you feel in a clever mood you buy a broadsheet paper and think you're all intellectual, but if you not really in a thinking mood and just want to look at the pictures you buy a tabloid.....
Yes. And my clever moods are extremely rare.

mcfc83 said:
bluebarn said:

Good analogy mate.

tommyducks said:
People who don't like it - don't listen.

Parry makes me laugh, Hawksbee and Jacobs can be hysterically funny.

I think Hawksbee is brilliant I agree but I can't stand Jacobs, he's just the straight man but gets ALOT of bile in about us. Constantly going on about us "buying" success, he's a Chelsea fan for fuck's sake!

mcfc83 said:
bluebarn said:

I'd concur with this but these days on H&J provide any real entertainment. Anyone remember the Euro slot that Durham did with Bellegue and Marcotti? it was simply class. They seem to have strayed a wee bit from them days.
I like Brazil cos he's just a big fat character. This is surely his finest hour
[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yixzJgWNBd8[/youtube]

mcfc83 said:
bluebarn said:

So you don't think my Times Crossword and a pair of Tits paper will catch on then. I thought I'd hit a niche market there.
Talksport's Ok as long as you don't take it too seriously. Brazil makes me laugh, Irani needs a slap.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.