For those who wanted Hughes out

If Stevie is happy...i'm happy

<a class="postlink" href="http://www.mcfc.co.uk/default.sps?pageid=115&pagegid=%7bDBD12D53-8346-431D-A04F-5D0F8664DE80%7d&newsid=6625598" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;">http://www.mcfc.co.uk/default.sps?pagei ... id=6625598</a>

In-form Stephen Ireland has backed his Manager to continue ‘doing great things for the Club’ as Mark Hughes and the team look to keep rising up the Barclays Premier League table.

Speaking strongly in support of Mark Hughes, Ireland recalled: “I remember the first day we met him and in his first meeting at Carrington he said; ‘You might not like the way I do things, but I guarantee that I’ll make you better players at the end of it,’ and he has.

“You look at Elano, he’s running more now – I’m not saying that he was lazy before – I just mean that he’s turned from this number 10 type player, into one that can go box-to-box.

“Some people might not notice that he’s doing the hard work, but maybe he’s just not doing it cleverly enough. If I go box-to-box and make sure I win the ball then people say; ‘Oh Stephen’s everywhere.’ If Elano does that and doesn’t retain the ball it’s not that he’s not working hard – you’ve just got to be clever with your closing down.

“If you look back over the teams we’ve had since I’ve been involved and you know yourself, under Stuart Pearce we didn’t have players like that and the tactics were totally different, the game’s changing as the seasons go on.”

“This season we have a good team, we’re hungry, we know what we want to achieve and we’ve got a great Manager and great staff here.

“It’s just the consistency from us and we need to be stronger, mentally, especially when you go away and you’re up against it.”

And it’s the results away from home that City will need to improve on in the second half of the season as Stephen stated: “When we’re at home, it’s all great, we’ve got the fans behind us and playing lovely football but the question is why can’t we do it when we’re away from home?
“What should be the difference? It’s one football pitch, 11 players versus 11, so why can’t we do it? We just need to get that into our game but the gaffer’s working on it.

“He’s a great man and I think is doing great things for the Club. If any manager came in they wouldn’t do half the things he’s doing.

“He’s involved in every area of the training ground, the Club and developing it. I think if some other manager came in they wouldn’t do things like expanding the medical area or making a gym like the one we have, they wouldn’t really care, but he cares a lot about the game, his job and his players.

“I think it’s really important he stays there and I think he’ll get it right – I really do. I’ve watched us and I know he’ll get it right.

“I enjoy playing under him and he’s been great for me. All the other players are really happy at the moment, you can tell that in training, there are always smiles and training is great. We just need to get on a winning streak.”

As for Stephen himself, he told of his desire to take the team forward, saying: “I’d like to stamp my authority on the team more because I want to be a leader as much as I can to everyone and really drive the team.

“I want to take as much responsibility as I can, especially away from home when things are against us. I have good enough energy to inspire other players as well, if I make a good tackle, or want to get the players up for the game because sometimes you just don’t get off the coach.

“Even against Blackburn, it was going into the last 20 minutes before we woke up, but you could see that we have the mentality and how much it meant to us and the staff as well. We’re just like one big family.”

Can see Hughes taking us comfortably into the top half of the table and hopefully without any dramas. Beyond that ADUG will invest in the summer and expect us to challenge for a top 4 spot next season. Hughes is not the guy to deliver this so he'll be replaced.

I can't say I ever thought he was a secret agent, I simply think he isn't very good at the job and in answer yes I do still want him out as soon as we can. That being said having signed Bellamy alot of the damage, he could do this month he has done.

I dont think I was ever a fully fledged Hughes hater, my mind has changed about him on a fortnightly basis. A t the moment I am in the give him time camp but that could change any minute! Basically I think he is good enough for where we are at the moment but if he can attract the type of players the owners are obviously craving is a different matter.

Would definitley like him out in the long run. He has been poor and quite honestly below par in every aspect of his management, especially tactically. With his ONLY saving grace being the signings he has made imo, with the exception of TBH (and obviously current January ones because we just don't know if they're going to perform well, however good a signing we BELIEVE it is right now).

Seeing him go now could leave the club in a state of limbo and end up appointing some one no better. So unless we have a proven, high profile name lined up to take over at the helm I think he should see it out until the summer.

It's a difficult time of the season where we need to take the win against Wigan and use it as a platform to move up the table ASAP. Any change now could just see us self destruct.

Give him until the summer.

Some might disagree but I actually think if Bellamy stays fit enough he could well be one of Hughes's best signings. The squad is in a transition period and is looking mighty impressive, so now's not the time to change. Give him some more time.

BobKowalski said:
Can see Hughes taking us comfortably into the top half of the table and hopefully without any dramas. Beyond that ADUG will invest in the summer and expect us to challenge for a top 4 spot next season. Hughes is not the guy to deliver this so he'll be replaced.

You should take that kind of certainty to the bookies...;- )

Hope he doesn't stay beyond the summer as things stand but maybe we can do great things during the remainder of this season.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.