For those who wanted Hughes out

Pam said:
Hope he doesn't stay beyond the summer as things stand but maybe we can do great things during the remainder of this season.

Would you re-consider if we finished 6th this season?

Pam said:
Hope he doesn't stay beyond the summer as things stand but maybe we can do great things during the remainder of this season.

Well said. If the players he has bought this January can settle in as quickly as Kompany did then I think we will start to push on quite quickly. I just hope that the new guys coming in gel with the current top performers at the club

BillyShears said:
Just what we need...another excuse for the same people to make the same unfounded accusations about a man who has achieved more in his life than they ever will, and who has forgotten more about football management than they'll ever know...

Speculating on his man management skills...laughable...

Criticising his transfer targets...laughable...

Criticising the fees paid for players...just ridiculous...

Criticising his results to date...fair enough...

Criticising supposed media leaks...again, just ridiculous...

Again I'll get accused of being a happy clapper...I'm not really that arsed. I've criticised Hughes when I felt he's fucked up. I will continue to do so...what I won't do, is grasp at any pathetic excuse I can find to hang the guy simply because he's not fashionable...

Billy

You can't question his management skills as he has been able to over achieve at clubs with lesser clubs with lower ambitions. However it is fair to say that those management skills have not transpired into the aspirations of this club. It is fair to say that his management thus far are not compatible with this club judging by the results and fall outs with players.

Its all about horses for course and IMHO this horse needs putting out of his misery and putting back on the milk.

Mike D said:
Billy

You can't question his management skills as he has been able to over achieve at clubs with lesser clubs with lower ambitions. However it is fair to say that those management skills have not transpired into the aspirations of this club. It is fair to say that his management thus far are not compatible with this club judging by the results and fall outs with players.

Its all about horses for course and IMHO this horse needs putting out of his misery and putting back on the milk.

Mike,

IMO, managing a premiership club isn't a popularity contest. Hughes is not there to be best buds with everyone. He's there to manage the team, and get the best results he can, and move the club forward both on and off the pitch.

The results so far this season, in isolation, have been incredibly poor. Taken within the context of the way in which last season ended though, they make more sense.

I won't argue the toss with you, but I will say this. It is my firm belief that results will improve dramatically over the next three or four months. Come the end of this season there will be very little chance of Hughes being sacked...

I for one was never that keen on him taking over.I have critised his management skills throughout the season,which i believe have been justified.His man-management skills appear from the outside to be limited.
I never expected instant results and success,but i do believe that certain results in the season "Brighton,Notts Forrest"to name a couple have just highlighted the lack of "winning mentality".
If now we go on a unbeaten run of games,and start showing systems of play that the players are confident in,then i would happily take my hat off and say i was wrong in my judgment of him.
But no for now, i believe in the summer we should change him .

BillyShears said:
Mike D said:
Billy

Mike,

IMO, managing a premiership club isn't a popularity contest. Hughes is not there to be best buds with everyone. He's there to manage the team, and get the best results he can, and move the club forward both on and off the pitch.

The results so far this season, in isolation, have been incredibly poor. Taken within the context of the way in which last season ended though, they make more sense.

I won't argue the toss with you, but I will say this. It is my firm belief that results will improve dramatically over the next three or four months. Come the end of this season there will be very little chance of Hughes being sacked...

I beg to differ and don't expect anything much more than we've had but I guess come the end of the season we'll see who's right.

He's staying put until at least the end of the season and a good shot at 6th is on!

Realistically who else is there going for that now other than the one's who are up there already...

Wigan? Lost Palacios...
West Ham? Lost Bellamy...
Hull? Lost Dean Windass...
Fulham? Losing interest...
Portsmouth? Lost Defoe...
Bolton? Do me a favour...
Newcastle? Oh please you're killing me...
Sunderland? No...
Blackburn? As if...
Boro'? I'd kill myself...
Stoke or WBA? Now we're just getting silly!

I think 7th (6 points off) is ours for the taking certainly and 6th (11 points off) ahead of Everton a distinct possibilty...

I also think if he doesn't achieve 7th, he will and should go... And if we get 6th or 7th with a decent run in The UEFA he'll definitely stay...

What? Spurs??? Ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha!

Well Hughes has got his transfers, so there is no excuse its not his team.
Results will determine his future at MCFC and the ability to attract and keep great players.
With his recent signings it looks really positive. But we maybe more in the Aston Villa type progress rather than Chelski.
Not a problem with that as long as we improve our second half of the season.

dannybcity said:
He's been good for us. Good buys, gritty performances and his handling of the media during a tricky period has been second to none.

Gritty performances? Theres been more "wave the white flag" performances so far this season IMO.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.