For those who wanted Hughes out

Well Hughes has got his transfers, so there is no excuse its not his team.
Results will determine his future at MCFC and the ability to attract and keep great players.
With his recent signings it looks really positive. But we maybe more in the Aston Villa type progress rather than Chelski.
Not a problem with that as long as we improve our second half of the season.

BillyShears said:
BobKowalski said:
Can see Hughes taking us comfortably into the top half of the table and hopefully without any dramas. Beyond that ADUG will invest in the summer and expect us to challenge for a top 4 spot next season. Hughes is not the guy to deliver this so he'll be replaced.

You should take that kind of certainty to the bookies...;- )

I may be certain but I sure as hell wouldn't risk any money on it :)

I'm still not keen.
I'm not a Hughes hater. I'm a city fan who want's the best for the club.
I think his image in the media is falling and the number of "best up and coming British manager" quotes are reducing all the time.
I get the impression he has little to do with the transfers bar writing a list. He hasn't taken a lead in the media during this window and to me that makes him appear more like a head coach than a manager.
The speculation about his poor relationship with some of the players is just that, speculation. But if he did have a good rapport with the players and an open door policy why didn't he know Robbie was off to Brazil?

If we have aspirations of taking the football world by storm we need a figure head manager and I don't think he has the personality to be that.

We are 4 points off the bottom and 11 points off european football next season (whether 7th will get a place is a mute point) but more importantly up to now we have shown no consistency and no idea of what our best team or formation is. Surely the brief was "do the best you can with the current squad while we work on some transfers". I don't see our current position as doing very well with the current squad. Quite the opposite in fact.

The best solution is for MH to grow as a manager as the club grows in stature but in my view he is bouncing along the bottom of the required performance line right now.

Should we sack him? Not now. It's too late this season.
Should we back him? Of course, but only as long as we remain above the minimum acceptable level.
What about the future? only time will tell.

So in summary, I think he was the wrong manager for "the project" but he's what we have now and it's too late to change this season unless things go very wrong in which case we would need to find a Mr fix it to keep us up while we look for a new guy next season.

BillyShears said:
Just what we need...another excuse for the same people to make the same unfounded accusations about a man who has achieved more in his life than they ever will, and who has forgotten more about football management than they'll ever know...

Speculating on his man management skills...laughable...

Criticising his transfer targets...laughable...

Criticising the fees paid for players...just ridiculous...

Criticising his results to date...fair enough...

Criticising supposed media leaks...again, just ridiculous...

Again I'll get accused of being a happy clapper...I'm not really that arsed. I've criticised Hughes when I felt he's fucked up. I will continue to do so...what I won't do, is grasp at any pathetic excuse I can find to hang the guy simply because he's not fashionable...

And the same people if they were Villa supporters would probably have wanted O'Neill sacked before he had a chance to build a team capable of giving the so called top four a scare.

mattyctid said:
A few weeks ago.
What is everyones opinion of him now? Has it changed? Are you willing to give the guy a chance, or do you still think he is a secret agent trying to destoy our club?

Just wanted to see peoples opinions

He is doing ok at the moment but seriously if Robhino goes i want hughes shot not just out!

stockportblue said:
And the same people if they were Villa supporters would probably have wanted O'Neill sacked before he had a chance to build a team capable of giving the so called top four a scare.

Under O'Neill, Villas performances improved every year. From 16th before he arrived, to 11th in his first year, to 6th? last season.

If Hughes manages similar improvements I'm sure criticism will be muted.

dannybcity said:
moomba said:
I thought it was fairly obvious.

You could refer to Liverpool and ten mins at Villa. Those are the only time we've capitulated.

Brighton, Nottm Forest, Wigan away, Newcastle 10 men. There have been more.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.