For those who were 'CTID'

For my old fella who took me to Maine Road when i was 6 in 1965. Sat me on the wall of the kippax and the rest as you say is History. Took me to the 69 cup final , LCF in 1970 and all the way overland to vienna for cup winners cup final by train overland

We enjoyed many years together after that , father and son following our beloved blues.

I miss him a lot and i am sure he shed a tear with me at the Semi final from that stadium in the sky.

God bless you Dad , hopefully this one will be for you !

My Dad.

Died in March. Was never a big match-goer, but hated the rags with a passion.
Took me to Maine Road for the first time. 1981 quarter-final.

Miss you, Dad.

My dad

Took me to Maine Road when I was three. He'd have been loving this. He died not long before we won at Old Trafford in 2008. His timing always was rubbish!

Miss you

after the semi my daughter and i shed a few tears over our departed match going fan, my dad
he took me to my first game in 64
took me to newcastle, wembley in 69, 70, 74 and 76, and to vienna
we went as equals in 81
bought our first season tickets in 73 and still had one till the end of last season
he was a life member of the supporters club

we went everywhere together watching city
he made sure my daughter loved city just as much

we missed him against liverpool back in august (he had died two weeks before)
we cried at wembley and on tuesday, he would have been so proud of city

AND
my mum
went along with us so it was the whole family
on the supporters club exec for years
unfortunately died far too young and before she got to knew her granddaughter

we'll have a brandy and think of you both

Midlands Blue said:
Was going to have a drink in the pub before the game Saturday to some good friends who are no longer here, but thought that others might like to add and remember theirs too.
Don't want this to be maudlin, but a thanks and remembrance to those who stuck through thin and thinner with City but never got to see what could be the start of the great times again.

So to -
Mavsie
Graham Uttley
'Rod Stewart' Eric

Cheers! wherever you are and RIP.
Knew these three lads very well. Had some great times at away games and in the Midland and Belle Vue. Also remember Vinny Horan a lifelong Blue. Miss you all but as we used to say and still do. WIN OR LOSE HAVE A BOOZE! COME ON CITY!

Robert Barratt good mate of mine got his teeth blasted out at Chelsea away in the 70's as his mates ran off and left him.
A big blue who liked to smoke the reefa!
[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eDdI7GhZSQA[/youtube]

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.