For those who were 'CTID'

My dad,

He grew up with a red for a father but they didn't get on so he became a blue as soon as he could. I was born a blue and remember my days in the Platt Lane end on the wooden benches.

Took me to Wembley in 81, wish he was here now as he'd be off to Wembley with me Saturday. Cried my eyes out at full time in the semi as it brought back a lot of memories of my dad.

Also my dog who I had put down today at the age of 17. Used to put a city scarf round her on match day!!!!!!

City Til I Die

To my step dad, who died 36 hours after the semi final. We cremated him at Macc crem last week, I said a few words and City was interwoven in everything I had to say.
Never forgotton.

My grandad, died in 98. He didn't know then how fanatical I was about city, if only he could see me know going with my dad. I won't be there Saturday but my dad has said if they sing abide with me he will cry his eyes out as the song was played at my grandads funeral. Wish we all could be there together!

My grandad who made me a blue but never got to take me to the match.

My dad who despite being a red, never refused to take me and NEVER tried to change my
mind. He was happy when we won cos he saw how happy it made me.

God bless

My dad, Seany Meighan. Moved from Belfast on 62 and settled in Old Trafford in his first few months. Said he hated the rags he worked with around Trafford Park and chose City as our path in life.
My brother, Jimmy Meighan, big Maine Rd character in the 70's and 80's. Taken far too soon x

Hope we do it on saturday for all our beloved blues no longer with us XXX

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.