For those who were 'CTID'

This is a very good thread and it's great to see our fans remembering all of their fellow Blues who have passed away, some who will have been strong throughout the days when a chance to play Champions League football and play in the FA Cup final would have been no more than a dream at that point. On Saturday hopefully it'll be a celebration of all Blues, those still lucky enough to be here and those watching from above, I know after reading this thread it will be one almighty emotional day. I'm sure I'll be trying to hold back the tears win or lose, but hopefully they'll be tears of joy, I've always dreamt of seeing us lift a trophy with the prestige the FA Cup has since being a little kid and finally on Saturday that might happen and if it does I will be absolutely over the moon yet still keeping all of those Blues who have passed on in my thoughts, their spirit will be with us on Saturday though. I find it quite strange how the year Nelly sadly passed away we have made it this far, I'm sure he's up there with all of our players, fans and everyone who was linked to this club who has passed on and they will be with us on Saturday. Hopefully Saturday will be a big thank you to everyone who has every played, been linked with and supported our club. I know we have lots of previous players who never won a trophy with us who I will be thinking of on Saturday, some who have played a huge part in us getting here but who won't be remembered by all of those outside the club (ie the media etc) and hoping that they take some kind of pride in hopefully seeing us lift the FA Cup, if we don't I will admit it will feel so painful but it is a big step in the right direction just to get this far.

RIP to all of our departed Blues, the saying may be "City 'Til I Die" but I know they are all still Blues, they will all be watching from above on Saturday still cheering us on, as another saying goes "Once a Blue, Always a Blue".

To my kid brother Tony Lane (aka Crazy Horse).... His photo will be there with me.
Same again Tony please...

The days are long without you here, I've sat and cried a thousand tears,
that cruel fate did my life discover and take away my dearest brother.
But you can wipe my tears away, you walk beside me every day.

The looming years that, more or less, just fill me with unhappiness,
are speckled with some happy times, when rainbows brighten up the skies.
I know you're never far away, you walk beside me every day.

There will be anniversaries and celebrations that you'll miss,
Oh, Tony how we'll miss you then, your booming laugh, your cheeky grin.
But you'll be there, you'll find a way, you walk beside me every day.

Sometimes I dream that I'm awake and find it's all a big mistake,
That you are here, you're safe and well! With hugs and smiles and tales to tell!
And in my mind I hear you say, "I walk beside you, every day."

The road ahead is hard and steep, with hills to climb and furrows deep,
and life will never be as good. as when you beside me always stood,
But I believe that here you stay, you walk beside me every day.

At night you gently touch my cheek and memories are mine to keep,
of my dear brother , so deeply missed, since that last day your head I kissed.
Inside my heart forever stay and walk beside me every day.

Rip Dave & Andrew Berry, been to many games home and away with you both. Hope we do it for you. X<br /><br />-- Fri May 13, 2011 12:17 am --<br /><br />Rip Dave & Andrew Berry, been to many games home and away with you both. Hope we do it for you. X

My Dad. Passed a way in 86 when i was only 14. Took me too my first game 76 and despite all the dross i have scene over the years i would not have it any other way than being a Blue. I will be joining Squirtyflower and family for not only a large Brandy but the whole bottle !

To my grandad who passed peacefully, 30 minutes before the kick-off of the Carling Cup Semi-Final first leg against United last year. We won for him that night.

We held the funeral on the day of the second leg a week later and it felt like we couldn't lose whilst he was watching over us. It wouldn't have been the City he knew and loved though if it was that easy. The FA Cup semi-final was his vindication. Tomorrow we'll be sparing a thought for him when the blues march out, he would have been proud.

To my Dad Bill Harris.

He died in August 2010 and gave me the blue blood that courses through my veins!
When we win tomorrow I will have a little cry (joy & sadness) and thank him for all he did for me!

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.