Foreign Fans

I am a city fan from sweden, and I started watching City when SGE became manager, (even though I watched sporadically during the 2006/2007 season) as I suppose a couple of other swedes also did. I dont feel like a bandwagon-fan, I just happened to start to watch the games and got hooked, now I watch the matches religiosly, and hope to be able to go to a game sometime in the future.

My name's Victor, I'm from Spain and I'm 21. I like City since 2000. My cousin loves Oasis (I love them too). He was at Maine Road in 1996 and he became a fan since then. Next December I'll be in Manchester

There is just something about City. I started following a few years ago. I would say it was half and half between hating the rags and loving what City seemed to be all about. Could not be more pleased with the decision.

Balti said:
buckshot said:
Except for the Dutch (we really don't want them, do we?)

What have the Dutch ever done for us?

apart from...Clogs,Dutch resistance, daffodils,windmills,dykes,canals,prostitutes,cruyff,cheese,De jong,puff, excstacy....what have the Dutch ever done for us.

oh yeah diamond merchants.

And finally Ikben.blue.

From Ireland. Don't know why I started following City but first match when I was very young was at Maine Road against Liverpool in 83 when we lost 4-0. Now go over with the Dublin supporters club about six times a year.

I am a city fan from Pakistan.. its been 2 years now and probably the reason I became a city fan was because I had a lot of friends out of which 99 % were top 4 supporters and to be honest a crazy fan when we got Robbie but now I just love city more then any thing as much that I don't watch Pakistan cricket match but watch city play. I am as crazy about city as any one can be spend my days checking the news.. I just want them to be the best and above every one and will support them for life. I feel the passions that city and its fans have and I have already started saving money for the year when we qualify for Champions league final there is no I will miss that. And you know I love to rub it in all the top 4 fans when we achieve some thing or buy some one. And I am not a rag supporter who doesnt know what positon Giggs plays at.. i know about all the players our reserves and every thing there is to know every time there is a game on I pray like crazy for us to win. And I also cant believe how few people got over the top with the draw at wigan its still a draw with 10 men every team had off days and we had one no big deal I have a belief we can really achieve some thing this year and I am sure we will.

C T I D :)

As far as I am concerned, I love our friends from afar joining the blue family.

I can't think of anything more pleasurable than meeting some blue cousins of ours, in our wonderful city, and guiding them around a city that they have saved for and wished to visit for many years. And all because we share a love of our wonderful football club.

I don't care where anyone comes from, I think it is great that they want to make that lifelong decision to support City. It is the same decision I made back in the 60's, and if someone wants to make that decision and they happen to come from a country far from here, well, so what. They are City fans, and that will do for me.

Every Blue in the world is a friend, as we know when we are far from home and we spot the shirt, or whatever it is we see that unites us.

Once a Blue, always a Blue, and to all those people on here who have told their story, welcome to the family. You are most warmly welcome.

You know some threads can just be blah blah blah, but this has been an absolute pleasure to read.

The more the merrier. And you know what? If we start to get more supporters if we manage to win something... great. I don't care if someone has supported City for 6 years or 6 months. It's all about supporting the team we all love

I started following City in the '04-'05 season right towards the end of Keegan's time with the club. This pretty much coincide with the time when a large number of the league games became readily available to watch on American cable channels, or at least when I discovered they were available.

I was attracted to the club because they had Claudio Reyna, the incredibly exciting SWP, and I just didn't feel right jumping in on the bandwagon of an established top 4 team. That spring they went on a nice run under Pearce and that solidified my love for the team. Of course, Fowler missed the penalty in the last game, so at least I got to experience a little of the up and down of the club in my first season as a fan.

Now, between ESPN, Fox, Setanta, and the internet every single league game (and many cup games) are shown and it's really very easy to follow the club. Of course, the actual game experience is missing, but I'm working on that.

I think you'll find that as the matches are now commonplace on TV in America, there will be a rapidly increasing number of fans of many English teams.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.