Foreign Fans

The Dutch like to stick their fingers into dykes. I prefer hetrosexual women myself but hey, any hole's a goal!

I'm from Dublin, started supporting City when Quinn signed and I always enjoyed being the sole blue out of all my mates. I went to university in Manchester then to meet some liberal English women and watch City week in week out and the love grows stronger when you're living in Manchester I feel.
I still go when I can, 8-10 games a season and I honestly couldn't give a rats arse if some little scally shit thinks I've no right to be a City fan. I'm time served and it's in my heart!

Yes, MCFC is very much a Mancunian entity but there's always been devoted hordes from afar!

i was born in Costa Rica, and i now live in Kuwait. I started supporting City because of Paulo Wanchope the first Costa Rican to play in the EPL.

sam221985 said:
I didn't grow up in Manchester or anywhere near. I support City because my dad, who's side of the family are all from the north-west are all fans (bar a couple of dirty Evertonians). So he was a City fan albeit a bit of an armchair one. I always liked being different to all the plastic rags in school.

Years later City were a big part of my decision to come to Manchester for uni, now I can get for every game that my student budget allows for, tonight I'll be spending the food money!

Food for the soul is better than that for the body, Sam!

Just noticed that I'm supposed to have posted this at 8.22. It's 9.22 in our kitchen and 9.22 on my Mac. Have the Bluemoon clocks gone back already?

It's so nice now watching peoeple gawping at your City shirt and knowing that you're a diehard - let's face it, City don't have the (recent) trophy-laden history to attract fairweathers!

I'll never forget wearing my City shirt with pride as a lil 'un in the dire, dire years, 96 to first half of the season 98-99. Our high attendances and fan loyalty were a badge of honour for me in those days.

Been a city fan for eight years. I have no link to manchester, my dads irish and my mums danish. I just hated the amount of scum fans. Went to coms six years ago with my school, they would have gone to old trafford if it hadn't been fully booked. Absolute nightmare living so far away from games, every time i book a flight to manchester the game date or time changes!

Clubber said:
I like to see fans from Yankee doodle dandies and other places around the world on here, and find out why they started too support us, especially if it was before the money came rolling in. No matter where you are from, we have all benn through the hard times, and argued city were better than the rags, even when we were in the 3rd tier and they were winning the league.

I became a city fan because i live in manchester and my family are all city fans, so before i was born i was too become city fan. Yet people from around the globe support us, and unlike the rags, it isn't too be a glory hunter.

So if your not from england, or more specifically manchester, why did you become a city fan?

Edit - Is that better Brucie Bonus

it doesnt matter where fans are from, or when they decided to start supporting our blessed club, imo, the vast majority who start supporting a club, will support that team all there lives, whether they go to games or not

and as much as some might disagree this will even apply to the rag bastards who worship the shit from afar.

the more the merrier

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.