Forgotten Away Days Days Number Two - QPR 93 FA Cup

i8rags said:
fantastic day out, got bladdered on a bottle of sherry and danced across the pitch at the final whistle.

Same here. Poor stewards couldn't prevent the deluge of fans running onto the pitch at the final whistle. After a while they just stood to one side and let whoever get on there. An officer from the Metropolitan Constabulary attempted to halt my illegal trepass onto the pitch, but with a swift bodyswerve and a flailing arm, he ended on his knees with his helmet planted on the turf!!!!! I was a bit more nimble back in them days!!!!!!

Happy memories, indeed.

Didsbury Dave said:
Following on from yesterdays Ewood thread, who was at this one?

It was the 4th round of the FA Cup in the days when it really meant something to us fans. We took a big following as always to Loftus Road which was always a great away day. A great pub outside, compact stadium and great acoustics.

City had the usual two tiers behind the goal when the bottom tier was standing but also a paddock up the side. It was sold out, probably around 6000 or so. I had no ticket and bought one from their ticket office for the seats next to the away fans. Once in there it was obvious there were hundreds of Blues around. We were singing and noone bothered us.

The atmosphere was superb and we suddenly went 2-0 up late in the game with 2 goals from David White if I remember. They got one back but we went on to win 2-1. The stadium was bouncing. All us blues in their seats were up dancing around. I remember coming out at the end and thusands of us marcing up the road singing the best football song ever, which can only be sung if you've won in the cup "We're on the march with Reidy's Army"

It was a top class away day - I had loads at Loftus Road, another ground where it always seemed an exciting game.

Was anyone at that one?

You don't half sound patronising sometimes and it's no wonder people dislike some things you post. It still means something to us fans, it's the FA cup for fuck sake.

Impeccable said:
i8rags said:
fantastic day out, got bladdered on a bottle of sherry and danced across the pitch at the final whistle.

Same here. Poor stewards couldn't prevent the deluge of fans running onto the pitch at the final whistle. After a while they just stood to one side and left whoever get on there. An officer from the Metropolitan Constabulary attempted to halt my illegal trepass onto the pitch, but with a swift bodyswerve and a flailing arm, he ended on his knees with his helmet planted on the turf!!!!! I was a bit more nimble back in them days!!!!!!

Happy memories, indeed.

I honestly don't remember a pitch invasion. Pitch invasions could be a new thread in itself. There was nowt quite like doing the victory jig on the park. done it loads of times. I suspect all the kids on here will start tut-tutting about it though.

Happy days when the FA Cup was still huge to everyone. Stood behind the goal where our goals were. Remember Flitcroft playing at Centre Defenese due to an injury crisis and being immense. How many can remember who was at Right Back that day?

Love QPR away got to be my fave away ground. Fingers crossed they come up!

There was a load of us on the train for this one. Went in the big pub next to the bridge near Shepherds Bush tube station - can't remember the name, but think it had an upstairs too. It was bouncing.

These type of days were fantastic and glad that I was around for them. I honestly believe that this era was the best for following our team away since time began.

Danny Hoekman said:
There was a load of us on the train for this one. Went in the big pub next to the bridge near Shepherds Bush tube station - can't remember the name, but think it had an upstairs too. It was bouncing.

These type of days were fantastic and glad that I was around for them. I honestly believe that this era was the best for following our team away since time began.

They were indeed fantastic days. There would be new songs made up nearly every week and they'd soon catch on, too.

bluejase said:
Didsbury Dave said:
Following on from yesterdays Ewood thread, who was at this one?

It was the 4th round of the FA Cup in the days when it really meant something to us fans. We took a big following as always to Loftus Road which was always a great away day. A great pub outside, compact stadium and great acoustics.

City had the usual two tiers behind the goal when the bottom tier was standing but also a paddock up the side. It was sold out, probably around 6000 or so. I had no ticket and bought one from their ticket office for the seats next to the away fans. Once in there it was obvious there were hundreds of Blues around. We were singing and noone bothered us.

The atmosphere was superb and we suddenly went 2-0 up late in the game with 2 goals from David White if I remember. They got one back but we went on to win 2-1. The stadium was bouncing. All us blues in their seats were up dancing around. I remember coming out at the end and thusands of us marcing up the road singing the best football song ever, which can only be sung if you've won in the cup "We're on the march with Reidy's Army"

It was a top class away day - I had loads at Loftus Road, another ground where it always seemed an exciting game.

Was anyone at that one?

You don't half sound patronising sometimes and it's no wonder people dislike some things you post. It still means something to us fans, it's the FA cup for fuck sake.

lighten up a bit.No doubt 4th round of the cup used to have huge buzz back then...nowadays if we get a good away draw we might take a few, but we used to take thousands then

I was at that game and most others at Loftus Road in early 90's. I was in with QPR fans and no other blues in sight. Got told to "sit the fuck back down" when we scored. Think it might have been Ian Holloway who got their goal.

Went to the league cup games mentioned. Also remember a 4-0 pounding when Les Ferdinand pissed all over David Brightwell.

Impeccable said:
BillyMC said:
DD is this the one when a blue stood on the railings outside the springbok and sang City anthems in an operatic stylee all afternoon....I'd double dropped a couple of speckle doves on the coach down for this one so memories were somewhat scoobied.

He was a mate of mine, Vinnie was his name, a red haired chap. Not seen him for years, though. He loved singing Pavarotti-style City songs. The footie was crap but there were some great trips away back in the day.

Thats the fella...I knew it happened!!

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.