Forgotten Clubs

Whatever happened to Parma?? I remember when channel 4 was showing Italian football (Gazza era) and they were awesome. Some great players like Thuram, Dino Baggio, Crespo, Cannevaro.. and they were winning cups for fun.
Never hear of them now.

Relegated due to financial issues,I believe.
Ended up in lower leagues.
Promoted from serie c last season in the playoffs so back in the Italian 2nd tier.

Bump.
Barrow F C promoted back into the EFL for the first time in 48 years.
Still has to be ratified by The FA Council yet though.
Well done to all involved at Barrow. It's a long time to be out of the big boys leagues.

Massive news for my home town. Really good setup here at the moment, they may shock a few teams next season.

I can remember Gateshead, Barrow, Bradford PA and Workington in the Football League. More rcently Scarborough and Maidstone had a few season in the FL. Those with longer memories will recall New Brighton in the 3rd Division North just after war.
New Brighton have an interesting history. Some businessmen bank rolled it I think to promote tourism.
They bought a pile of toppish players but the money ran out.
https://thebeautifulhistory.wordpress.com/clubs/new-brighton/

Carlisle United - can remember being involved in a house clearance some years back and in a chest of drawers was a sheet of old newspaper dating from about 1973.
It showed the old Division 1 league table and i was pleasantly shocked to see them near the top of the table. :)
I seem to remember them beating us at MR.

There was a Scarborough Athletic fan in a bar in Malaga. They’re the reformed Phoenix club. Nice bloke, actually.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.