Forgotten Clubs

Southport , remember beating them 3-0 at Haig Rd in front of a packed ground full of semi-scousers on the way to winning the 1970 league cup , they are only just down the road from me and ive been to a couple of games this season , a real shame where they are now and i would be surprised if they survive this pandemic situation. They have probably got around a thousand loyal fans a far cry from the 10k crammed into their ground 50 years ago.

Colne Dynamos is an interesting story. Have a look on here

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Colne_Dynamoes_F.C.
I went to Colne when Barrow beat them in the FA Trophy semi final in April 1990. I guess it must have been one of their last games before they folded. I remember the owner had spent a lot of money and they were racing through the leagues and everyone was tipping them for league football within a couple of years.

Bradford Park Avenue, Barrow, Workington and Southport were all in the league when I first started going.

Oswestry town fc, as a kid we always had to look for their result in the football pink, my dad played in goal for a time. Never had a clue where it was, still don't.

I don’t remember Park Avenue in the league, but the other three I do.
I remember them in the old 4th Div in late 60s...my mate Joe was a fan..he was over the moon when Shoot magazine has a poster of one of their players...we must have been 10 or 11 at the time

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.