Forgotten Recent(ish) City Players

We had a whole run of fairly unmemorable left backs in our recent history including Michael Bal,l Javier Garrido, Jordan & Wayne Bridge
I've also completely forgotten the name of that Mexican who Sven signed from the Ukraine and was meant to be great but was actually pretty crap.

Kavelashvili, kinkys mate. I had huge hopes for him after kinky said "he's better than me" before we signed him, he wasn't

Didn't he score against the rags on his debut?

Čorluka
Ched Evans - although goals weren't the only ones he banged, he was a not bad club-grown player all in all. Can't recall
the white guy (not Fowler) who scored for us in the 1st derby at CoM stadium.

Think we underrate Nasri. Plus, he had been totally forgotten for a couple of months, between drying his hair blond in dec and blue a couple of weeks ago.

Beasley, Bellamy and Barry already mentioned.

Shay Logan
Chris Chantler
Mancini's son
Scupazzi or whatever the fuck he was called
The Faroe Island keeper.
Gunnar Nielsen has proved to be a pretty good little keeper indeed. Not sure about the contribution of the rest though.

We gave a hundred BlueMooners a hundred seconds to name as many City players . . . . . . . . . . . . . . .! There are no pointless answers but Colin Barlow and Cliff Sear scored one each!
Is it BMTV? Could you post the link of the video? Sounds like an interesting one to watch.

Last edited:
Čorluka
Ched Evans - although goals weren't the only ones he banged, he was a not bad club-grown player all in all. Can't recall
the white guy (not Fowler) who scored for us in the 1st derby at CoM stadium.

Think we underrate Nasri. Plus, he had been totally forgotten for a couple of months, between drying his hair blond in dec and blue a couple of weeks ago.

Beasley, Bellamy and Barry already mentioned.

Gunnar Nielsen has proved to be a pretty good little keeper indeed. Not sure about the contribution of the rest though.

Is it BMTV? Could you post the link of the video? Sounds like an interesting one to watch.

Here's my - "did they actually play for City?" XI:-

David James
------
Maicon
Nastasic
Ned Onuoha
Rae Ingram
------------
Michael Johnson
Patrick Vieira
Joey Barton
------
Stevan Jovetic
Peter Beardsley
Dalian Atkinson

As you can see - its a mixture of old-lags who were superstars and made an odd appearance or two at the end of their careers for us and some players whose time has some sense of irreality to it looking back now.

Here's my - "did they actually play for City?" XI:-

David James
------
Maicon
Nastasic
Ned Onuoha
Rae Ingram
------------
Michael Johnson
Patrick Vieira
Joey Barton
------
Stevan Jovetic
Peter Beardsley
Dalian Atkinson

As you can see - its a mixture of old-lags who were superstars and made an odd appearance or two at the end of their careers for us and some players whose time has some sense of irreality to it looking back now.
Tbh, ALL (excpect Atkinson) are stll quite recognizable names that turn up too often to be named in this thread. Yeah, sometimes one can forget how have they played for us but still, they're not that forgotten. I'll do mine tomorrow with ways less recognizable names, inc "stars", when my mind will be, hopefully, working better.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.