Former youth team player John Clarke from Ireland

Mad Eyed Screamer

I'm trying to trace former Republic of Ireland schoolboy international and former Manchester City youth team player John Clarke.

John was a member of City's 1986 FA Youth cup winning squad, he was a sub in six of the games.
Can any 'Bluemooners' help, in particular those from Dublin / Ireland, where he returned after being released by City in 1987.

Any post City snippets would be greatly appreciated.

I've asked Paul Lake and he is trying to help as well.

Hello, Im Sarah Clarke. My dad is John Clarke, the player you are looking for.
We live in Dublin, just saw your post and hope i can help you.

I remember John Clarke and Lindsay Curry on the wings for citys youth team.Did John Clarke spend some time at Huddersfield?

stockportblue said:
I remember John Clarke and Lindsay Curry on the wings for citys youth team.Did John Clarke spend some time at Huddersfield?

Not sure, that's what I'm trying to find out lol
Speaking to Paul Lake, I'd say no, it seems he went back to Dublin.
Sarah has replied to my pm and given me an email address, so we shall see!

Yes I remember Lindsay Curry in the youth team too (the year after 86, when we got to the semi finals)

Mad Eyed Screamer said:
stockportblue said:

Yes I remember Lindsay Curry in the youth team too (the year after 86, when we got to the semi finals)

Lindsay Curry - red haired lad from Northern Ireland if I remember correctly. Didn't he leave and go back because he was homesick?

Mental_blue said:
Mad Eyed Screamer said:
stockportblue said:

Lindsay Curry - red haired lad from Northern Ireland if I remember correctly. Didn't he leave and go back because he was homesick?

He was from NI
I know at some point he was allowed home but not sure why, but he returned, so could have been family stuff???

Chris Coleman definitely left due to being homesick and Lakey in his book says he wasn't up for Tony Book's bollockings which didn't help, so he went back to Swansea City

Hi

My dad might be able to help you, he has a website <a class="postlink" href="http://www.mcfcreservesandacademy.co.uk" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;">www.mcfcreservesandacademy.co.uk</a> and you can contact him via the site.

Not sure what sort of information you want or why, but give him a go

Good Luck in your search

BlueDan91 said:
Hi

My dad might be able to help you, he has a website <a class="postlink" href="http://www.mcfcreservesandacademy.co.uk" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;">http://www.mcfcreservesandacademy.co.uk</a> and you can contact him via the site.

Not sure what sort of information you want or why, but give him a go

Good Luck in your search

Thanks
Will take a look at that.
Wasn't sure whether to mention this yet, but seeing as you asked (and I mentioned it briefly in the book thread).....

I've co-written a book called ''Teenage Kicks'' which is the story of the 1986 Youth Cup winning team, starting from their first game in the A team right up to them leaving City and then beyond.
There was 14 in the squad that season and John Clarke was the most elusive to get hold of! He has replied to my email sent today and am calling him later this evening.
One lives in the US and another in Africa (no idea which bit yet!)
I have been in touch with 11 of the players, have contacts for the other two, and been in touch with the family of one other player, who sadly passed away a few years ago, who have been brilliant.

The text is all written, it's a case now of waiting for the players to return a set of questions they have been sent and me inserting them in the relevant spot. It's shaping up to look quite good (I know you may think I'm bound to say that!) and with some of the pictures I hope to use from match day programmes and personal photos, I think it's going to look good.

I hope it's out before Christmas, but that's up to the publisher to decide.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.